Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

How many got into the 10's your first time with the 10r?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you got into the 10's your first time out with the 10r?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The first pass ever with the bike straped I went a 10.40 @ 144mph
Now I am in the 9's with about the same mph. But the bike is also lowered and straped and geared now so. I have been 9.92 on a bone stock 05 R1 with the front end straped. And that was my first time racing that bike. Damn now I sound like I'm bragging. I still have a long way to go with my skill level so don't listen to me .

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Seeing as my bike is track only, the first time I rode it coordinated with the first time at the track. So, run 1 = ride 1.

Layed down some crappy numbers the first few passes than got the hang of it and started putting down some 10.7xx's. Second time out, all 10.xxx's with a best of 10.40x, totally stock height, gearing, etc.

This winter is when the mods come out and the 9's will be here next season.

Luckily, as the champion of my local track, I get a season pass to race all events for free. Ordering clutches...now!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was strapped, geared and a slip-on the first time I actually got a time and mph. 10.7's at 134 I believe. I'm having a little debate with a guy on another forum about financing a 10 second bike and going to the track and running in the 10's. I said you can buy a fast bike, but that doesn't mean that your skill level is good enough to ride in the 10's.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
First couple of passes at a 1/4 mile track 9.8's and the best of 9.72 on third and final pass. Now I'm running 9.3's and close to going 20's. Stock wheelbase forever!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ruthless Racing said:
First couple of passes at a 1/4 mile track 9.8's and the best of 9.72 on third and final pass. Now I'm running 9.3's and close to going 20's. Stock wheelbase forever!!!:mrgreen:
Damn brutha. You need to teach me how to ride. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. I haven't hit the 9's all motor yet.:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
06green said:
ruthless do you have weight on your bike??
No. AMA/Prostar 1000 SuperSport legal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
First time on the 1/4 with my ZX10R completely stock power train,including exhaust, -1 front, and lowered to AMA 1000SS specs, I went 9.42 @ 148. After full SS works, went a best of 9.198 and 156.88 mph

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Dash said:
First time on the 1/4 with my ZX10R completely stock power train,including exhaust, -1 front, and lowered to AMA 1000SS specs, I went 9.42 @ 148. After full SS works, went a best of 9.198 and 156.88 mph
How much weight?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Dash said:
I wish I could get me some MPH like that. Ive ben 9.19 but only 149 almost 150 mph. I'm 6 over though. But with that extra power Im sur it would be flying. Vince

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Dash said:
9.19 was with ballast and 2" in 2004

2005 no ballast and 3" went 9.22

156.88 was Valdosta 2005 (no ballast/ 3")
:wink: Great times!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey, 1000ss might be inundated with GSXR 1000's this year, but the ZX10R is still a very capable machine. You're improving on yours each time out :thumbsup:

You gonna run the SEMDRA event this weekend?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Dash said:
Hey, 1000ss might be inundated with GSXR 1000's this year, but the ZX10R is still a very capable machine. You're improving on yours each time out :thumbsup:

You gonna run the SEMDRA event this weekend?
No doubt, but I'm trying.

Yeah. I need to better my R/T average, I have some competition from UT. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I really think 1killer is talking about the average person in this thread...no disrespect to RR or Dash but believe 1killer is talking about average street riders that buy a 10s bike and think they can go do 10s with no experiance. I was like that and did 11.1s my first time with no experiance.After some practice and lowered my bike I hit 10.9s..next pass with more confidence 10.7s....the next month 10.3s. Now I hit 10teens no problem. My point here and believe this might be what 1killer is talking about is you can be a good rider or think you are on the street but the drags is different..no matter what bike you own. I now go to the drag strip can eat any brand of bike if they have no experiance and even some that do. It takes practice and you just can't go out unless you have special skills like RR or Dash and hit the 10s without ever going to the track in the first place without experiance of some kind.:headshake:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dash said:
Was just wondering where do they measure 1000ss bikes for three inch ground clearance?
I race 05 10r down here in oz,b/sb, std wheelbase, fairings lights etc, street tyres, have best pass of 9.41 & 149.90,
would love to come & race with you guy's,:beer:
ted

1 - 20 of 46 Posts