Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was the first time i ran my SWB Busa. It was a feeling out process and i did run high 9's with a few botched 10.20's passes. MPH was only 139. Air was crappy with 3600 DA and very humid. Alot of guys said they were 5 mph down from their usual. I am 200 lbs and a 50 lb. lighter rider went 9.80 @ 144 mph. My 60 foots need to be better. Overall had a good time and hope to see 9.60-70's. But my fatass needs to lose weight.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Any 60' in the 1.6x range on a 55" wheelbase is the kinda stuff AMA Dragracers are made of especially if you weigh 200lbs. Those numbers look pretty darn good.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Yeah 1.7's are pretty good for what you're working with. The timeslip for the 9.8 run is just slightly better than your best so I'd say you're doing a damn good job.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
sorry for the thread jack but what are good times for a SWB 04 zx10? alst year i was running 7 flats in the 1/8 with only a slip on and power comander at SWB and not lowered

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
What Gen of Busa?...Deths update your Profile please it hurts. :badteeth:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Those busa's make a lot of torque and it works best if you leave at a low rpm and just throw the clutch away. Like I've always said before it just takes SEAT TIME especially on SWB bikes. Good luck with it and keep us posted!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Swb?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks . Rep sent

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
hahaha no prob, I had to think about it when i first read it and thats what came to mind, slow whipped busa didnt seem to work so well :)

not to affend any only a joke

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
hahaha no prob, I had to think about it when i first read it and thats what came to mind, slow whipped busa didnt seem to work so well :)

not to affend any only a joke
Haha I like that one better

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No extensions here. I think with some weight loss this summer (If i can stop eating) I can get 9.60's out of it. I'm gonna run a better tire. I rode a 08 Busa last year setup like mine with a Super Corsa and i went 9.80 on the only pass i made on it. FYI i still am eyeing the new 10. Those bikes are just sexy.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
hey kenny how's your busa coming along??
I don't have a busa.......was just gonna borrow one for the first race cause we ran into problems with my 1k.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can get your 60 fts in the low 1.60's. I went 1.59 on my stock wheelbase 08 Busa and have been 1.50 on it at 60 inches. My buddy went a bunch of 1.45 and 1.46 on his 08 Busa at 60 inches.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts