Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks back I went to the track. The next day my clutch was slipping. I was able to adjust it and everything was good. This past Friday I went to the track and today my clutches are slipping much worse! So much that if I give it half throttle it shoots to red line imediatly. I tried to adjust it but it didnt help at all. Last Friday was my 3rd trip to the track with the Drag Pak in. Anybody have a clue what the deal is?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
man i would call dewayne and ask him. i beat on my bike every week pulling low 1.30 60fts and i always get over 100 passes out of a drag pack

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I haven't heard of anybody having problems out of it. If it was installed incorrectly I don't think it would have ever ran right. The weirdest thing to me is... When I loaded it into the trailer the clutch was fine. Then the next day, it's f***ed.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
man i would call dewayne and ask him. i beat on my bike every week pulling low 1.30 60fts and i always get over 100 passes out of a drag pack
:+1: the first drag pack i put in my bike last me a whole bunch of passes on the bottle and a bunch more on the motor for the rest of the season then rode all through the winter and the next spring the first trip to the track it finally slipped..

Do you have stiffer springs? How much play do you have in your clutch lever?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't pulled them out yet. I won't be able to for a couple of days. I have about .125" of play.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Did you order a new judder spring with the pack?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I am racing second year with the pak and no problems, but I did take it easy on the clutch when I first installed it and put lots of street miles on it before I took it to the track. And I do pull my clutch out after 50 or so passes to go over steels and soak fibers in oil for couple of hours. I've been running stock factory clutch springs too, but going to put stiffer ones tomorrow

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
yea give dewayne a call he will get you straight. also when you take the pak out check your stack height along with both fibers/steels bc im goin on 2 yrs with my pak both swb and stretch and its still hookin like mofo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cook, I have no idea what a judder spring is! LoL! I got fibers, steels, springs(3 heavy duty, 3 super heavy duty) and the anti chatter plate.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have over 50 passes on my dragpac from dwayne in my gen 3. Over 1000 street miles and all is well. I have noticed though, you have to keep your clutch lever adjusted. I run about a nickels thickness of play in my lever and all is well for me. low 1.40 60's on a stock motor and very little gear.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just called Dwayne. He wants me to check the stack height and make sure there's nothing "funky" going on and call him back. He said he recommended lining up the tabs on the fibers instead of staggering them so that's something I can try. Hopefully I can find some time pretty soon to pull everything out. He said he had never heard of this happening. Normally it's the total opposite, he said. Anyway, I'll update as soon as I get my clutches pulled out.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I ran over two years using the drag pack, there still my back up clutchs:thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok. So I pulled the clutches out last night. Stack height is suppose to be 2.110". Mine are 1.949. Thats after 20-30 passes. I just got off the phone with Dwayne. He did nothing but try to clarify that it wasnt his fault. He went into a long, elaberate explination of what probably happend which was all bullshit. He said that he knows 2 guys that are SWB and 25 passes is about all they get out of the Drag Pak. He later said, "yeah, you should be getting alot more than 25 passes out of it" I dont believe a damn word he said. He was just trying to get out of replacing the clutch. After it was all said and done the best he could do for me was give me free shipping if I bought a new clutch. I`ll never do buisness with him again.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Ok. So I pulled the clutches out last night. Stack height is suppose to be 2.110". Mine are 1.949. Thats after 20-30 passes. I just got off the phone with Dwayne. He did nothing but try to clarify that it wasnt his fault. He went into a long, elaberate explination of what probably happend which was all bullshit. He said that he knows 2 guys that are SWB and 25 passes is about all they get out of the Drag Pak. He later said, "yeah, you should be getting alot more than 25 passes out of it" I dont believe a damn word he said. He was just trying to get out of replacing the clutch. After it was all said and done the best he could do for me was give me free shipping if I bought a new clutch. I`ll never do buisness with him again.
how did the clutches look when you pulled them out ? and you should get WAY more than 25 passes out of his dragpak. man im goin on 2yrs both swb and stretch and my clutches still look good. main thing you gota pay attn to is make sure you have the correct free play clutch cable at all time are you burn a clutch up exspecially in gen1 in no time. sorry dewayne wasnt so helpfull but he's always been helpfull to me and quick to answer any question i had for him.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I`ll post some tonight but it will only be of the fibers. I just put my old fibers back in with all of Dwaynes steels and judder spring. Bike is running good right now but we'll see at the track.

The steels and the fibers looked like shit. There is no other way to describe them other than just burnt the hell up.

Man, Dwayne has been very helpful through the whole process until push came to shove. You dont just say, oh well and then tell me it was probably my fault. Im a salesman in the oil and gas filed and if I treated customers like that, I'd be fired or we wouldnt be in buisiness very long.

Oh, also there were different numbers on a few of my fiber that I got from Dwayne. I dont know if it was suppose to be like that or what. Some of them had "A33" and some had "A3 4" (With a big space in between the 3 and the 4 just like I typed it)

So I dont know guys... I guess im gunna go to the track this Friday unless my clutch cover leaks oil from all the pit stop style clutch changes!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts