Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 zx10, lowered 2" extended 7" single two broz, +3 sprocket in the rear, 530 chain, GIPRO ATRE, shinko stealth. im new to the drag strip and would like to know what is a good rpm to launch from the line at? i have ran before with the bike completely stock but i was scared to launch since it kept wanting to pick up lol. thanks for the info guys.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Really depends, on different factors. I launched SWB at 7k and with it long launch at 9k.

Start low and work your way up to find what works best for you...

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
+1 on launching at lower rpms till you get used to the clutch and bike then you can raise them rpms some. im swb and i launch at 8-8500k rpms she comes up but i use the clutch to keep her tame lol...

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've been leaving between 8k and 9k here lately still getting used to new gearing. As said before leave low and go up, I used to start at 6k and work up. Your only lowered 2" seems kinda up there still, get a strap and your can go 1 to 1.5 lower and up strap if you street ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea tonight was my second time running ever, and my first time with the extention. i havent lowered the forks yet but my best time of the night was 7.173 @ 111.89 and .123 R/T didnt get a 60ft time. but im still happy last time i wasnt even in the 7's and im still getting used to burning the tire at the track i only do it for maybe 3 seconds then roll off.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I drop a tooth on the front sprocket should pick you up more than the BMC, but every little bit counts. Hows that stealth hooking up? Lower your air pressure if you haven't already. Remember to slide the clutch don't dump it, and you should be rolling on the gas while releasing the clutch. It takes practice :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
795 Posts
i launch around 6-6500 on the street or track when racing, its what worked good on my zx9r that was -1+4 and my zx10 seems to like it also, but the 10 really makes its power above 8k, and when that hits my front lifts. i am lowered 1.5 up front and just a little in the rear, both bikes are swb

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the stealth has been awesome and i got a military discount only cost me 120 buck out the door lol but its not the ultra soft but it hasnt slipped once and i think i was running 20psi in my 200 shinko stealth

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
yea tonight was my second time running ever, and my first time with the extention. i havent lowered the forks yet but my best time of the night was 7.173 @ 111.89 and .123 R/T didnt get a 60ft time. but im still happy last time i wasnt even in the 7's and im still getting used to burning the tire at the track i only do it for maybe 3 seconds then roll off.
my first time I ran 7.21 at 113, gen 3 head and [email protected] baffles. Got a 16/39 gearing now, links in the mail and strap is on the bike, thinking about going tomorrow. btw I was short shifting at 9k in first, did you give it all she had in first?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea i gave it all in first lol, and i didnt get a 60ft time on the slip my track is shitty sometimes you get it sometimes you dont lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I had my 10 I left at 9 grand. Went 9.4's, 6.1's in 1/8. I weigh 165 also. Bike was a 2007, 6" over, lowered 1.5 front, 2.5ish rear, strapped, single AreaP slip on, no power commander and foot shifting on pump gas. Seat time my friend:) and HAVE FUN and BE SAFE

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
I started at 3500 then moved to 5000,6000,7000,8000,9000 now Im leaving at 9500 but I want to sent my GoPro up so I can see how much rpm im losing when I slip the clutch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts