Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to build a drag bike and have been looking around and today i purchased a 05 ZX-10R motor for it. It is a complete motor with all acc. I have a frame with the front already raked, but it is just a frame. So tomorrow I will be looking at some old KZ1000 bikes to maybe use a frame from one of those since they are complete bikes or just pick up some parts for the current frame. Just wanna look and see what my options are.The reason i am using a KZ frame is because the bikes are cheap and i can get ahold of parts for it. I will keep ya'll posted with the progress and add pics if ya'll are interested.

Here is what im wanting to do:
thin head gaskit
intake cams
air shifter
pcIIIusb
Muzzy Sidewinder
(eventially nitrious)
of course it will have a 7.5inch drag slick
and wheelie bar

what do ya'll think? If ya'll think i shoudn't do something or should add something let me know. any advise or critisisim is welcome.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
of course braces will be added to the frame for extra strength also

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Didnt we have a thread from a guy awhile back stuffing a zx10 motor into a tubular frame?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
the zx1000 is a heavy frame and pretty flimsy, if you are putting all this fabrication time and exspense in your hybrid, wouldn't you be better off with a late model insurance recovery? Slam it and stretch it and your there-better resale value as well. Either way...good luck. PS if you do go with the KZ, I have some pingel wheelie bars for sale. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dunno, the kz frame i got aint that heavy, but i havent compared it to anything else so you are probably right, i do know they are flemsy, but i got a buddy runnin very low 5's on a kz frame and i know where it needs to be strengthed at and what can be romoved or refabed so i got a little advantage, lol. Thanks for the offer on the wheelie bars though and your advice, i appreciate it, later man

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Ruthless, that bike is nice!!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
informative website too

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beenthere said:
the zx1000 is a heavy frame and pretty flimsy, if you are putting all this fabrication time and exspense in your hybrid, wouldn't you be better off with a late model insurance recovery? Slam it and stretch it and your there-better resale value as well. Either way...good luck. PS if you do go with the KZ, I have some pingel wheelie bars for sale. :thumbsup:

well after much thought I am thinking about not goin with a kz1000frame, but instead with a pro stock chassis. I was thinkin about what you said and someother people and i really should do it right the first time and not try and cut corners. So i am lookin for a pro stock chassis. If i cant find a good pro stock chassis for a good price then I might have to go with the kz frame, so if anyone knows of a good frame for a good price let me know. Thanks everyone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts