·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
No offense but your boss is nuts.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Non taken, business my friend. thats a starting price I'm sure he'd go lower or whatever they have a lot of incentives on the 2011.

And Dixon idk what that means lol I am semi-new to forums.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
On another note, do you guys have some sort of release of liability for the safety of the bike having only one front caliper/rotor? Not saying the bike is unsafe, but if someone buys it and ends up rear ending someone else a few miles down the road, would he have a case against the dealer for selling him a bike missing half the brake system. Especially lets say, if he was new to bikes and didn't even notice there was a missing caliper/rotor?

I know selling as a prvate party is different but since you guys are an actual dealer, maybe different terms/rules apply?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said we have all the stock parts so we could do whatever the customer wants us to do, putting the rotor back on would probably be a must though. And we would definetly inform them of it before it is sold.

And if I am not mistaken there is a waver for that matter, if they wanted to buy a bike modified from stock.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That modlist is no where near substanial to offset that $14k price tag... That's a rip off.

I paid less than that for a brand new 2012 model and that's with tax..

A timeslip shouldn't raise value in a bike IMO.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
Time slip definitely won't raise value.... Just a suggestion for them to get a buyer. As dumb as it sounds, it's very possible to get a new guy, that would buy the bike and would like to keep the timeslip, have seen worse things in the past.

Heard there were time slips for sale on ebay a few years back haha.

·
Registered
860 Posts
8.99 without the reflash must've been one tiny jockey riding his ass off. As for the price, honestly they're probably marketing this bike towards a newby/squid that really just wants the look of a stretched bike and bragging rights etc...

·
Registered
78 Posts
8.99 without the reflash must've been one tiny jockey riding his ass off. As for the price, honestly they're probably marketing this bike towards a newby/squid that really just wants the look of a stretched bike and bragging rights etc...
That's true, but keep in mind it's geared.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i seen one go 8.70 swb so 8.90's isnt fast been faster on stock motor 05 zx10r grudged out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts