Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have problems with my '05.
On racing ride, downshifting from 3rt gear to 2nd, do not engage and refuse to shift down.
The sound is similar to a quickly "ra, ta, ta ta ta ta ta ...."
I try:
different tension on the clutch cable-lever = same result
force the dowshifting with more foot pressure = same result, do not downshift

The only way is upshift quickly before to go out the road.

Thaks for all helps

Yui.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hi!
I have problems with my '05.
On racing ride, downshifting from 3rt gear to 2nd, do not engage and refuse to shift down.
The sound is similar to a quickly "ra, ta, ta ta ta ta ta ...."
I try:
different tension on the clutch cable-lever = same result
force the dowshifting with more foot pressure = same result, do not downshift

The only way is upshift quickly before to go out the road.

Thaks for all helps

Yui.
Sounds like the shift dog for second gear isn't engaging. Try changing your oil for starters and maybe that will help. Doesn't sound like that's the problem but it could be and it's a cheap initial step. On normal riding keeping the engine revs low can you down shift form 3rd to 2nd? If its still not engaging then you might want to take it in to the shop and have it looked at.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I had problem with 1st gear not disengaging when I pulled in the clutch w/ my '04 when I ran full sythetic oil. I switched back to a blend after 100 miles and it was fine. Too much lubrication i guess.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I had problem with 1st gear not disengaging when I pulled in the clutch w/ my '04 when I ran full sythetic oil. I switched back to a blend after 100 miles and it was fine. Too much lubrication i guess.
I've seen that happen when the clutch plates are new or newer. When you switch over to synthetic you are supposed to remove the frictions and soak them in the synthetic oil overnight. Myth or truth I don't really know but I've always done that and never had an issue so :dontknow:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your responses,
I tried different things this weekend.
Oil change = doesn't work
Shift lever well adjusted
Gear good engaged at low revs.
I dismounted the clutch and the gear selector have a rare point welded (I buyed this engine in eBay...)
I will take a photo and post it here.

Yui

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for all your responses,
I tried different things this weekend.
Oil change = doesn't work
Shift lever well adjusted
Gear good engaged at low revs.
I dismounted the clutch and the gear selector have a rare point welded (I buyed this engine in eBay...)
I will take a photo and post it here.

Yui
sorry but your gear box is probably dead! :rolleyes: it s a second hand bike?
do you stunt?:headshake if yes stop it you re killing the gear box! if not bring it to the store and ask them to make a trial ! this is dangerous to drive like this! OIL would do nothing unless it is under the level required...

·
Registered
328 Posts
sorry but your gear box is probably dead! :rolleyes: it s a second hand bike?
do you stunt?:headshake if yes stop it you re killing the gear box! if not bring it to the store and ask them to make a trial ! this is dangerous to drive like this! OIL would do nothing unless it is under the level required...
+1

My gear box died 400 miles after I bought my '06 from a local dealer. 4th gear started to disengage under load, and when I took it in the found a bent shift fork and a trashed mainshaft (I think). It only had 6,500 miles on it.

So far they're taking care of me, which is good, cause I don't have $3,000 for the repair. :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My engine is an used part (from a parting crashed bike) buyed as 2nd hand, this would be my first test on it
Yesterday I was open the engine and found one fork shift worn. Gear prockets are worn too, do not fit complete one into the other when I select a gear.
I supose that the second gear sprocket are damaged the others.

Searching for a new gearbox ....:dontknow:

Thanks.

Yui

1 - 11 of 11 Posts