Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,697 Posts
Impossible. You need ride-by-wire for that to happen. The primary butterfly valves on the Gen 4 are manual. Only the Gen 5 is capable of that.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,697 Posts
So, looking at the links provided, it looks more like a drag setup with push-button shifting than it is a foot shifting setup. I could be wrong on that, but the descriptions don't give much detail on how it all connects.

This Remote Cable Downshift Blipper is a modular system that is specifically designed to integrate with all Pro-Shift System Gearshift Control Unit's Downshift Delay and Auto-Blip outputs, with the exception of the Pro-Shift PSU System.
The unique patented design of this Throttle Blipper provides variable "blips" which are engine rev related to provide seamless, clutchless downshifting, all at the touch of a button.

And when I said it was impossible, I meant that anything is possible with enough money. You can't natively make the G4 auto-blip without some sort of mechanical intervention system like that above. That remote mount solenoid with the cable attachment to the primaries is still going to take some mounting. And if the computer controlled secondaries are closed under closed throttle, actuating the primary flies might be useless. Not sure how that system would work.

And there's no mention of cost on that site. I'd be very curious to see what the cost of that system is. :dontknow:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,697 Posts
I think it's around $1500 and it doesn't need your hand. I had several emails back and forth with them. I only decided not to use it because I know I'll end up on a 16 at some point and I'm pretty sure the rules say no.
Good info. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've also was in discussion with these guys from Proshift last year...they have a good few videos on YouTube showing off their blipper systems and I think they are pretty sweet..

Only thing that put me off was the price.. it was going to cost over 1k uk pounds for fitment and setup.!! I could spend that on so much other stuff for my bike.

There is another company called Bikesport that make a 'blipbox'...do a Google search, their prices are more reasonable but I've yet to really look in to the product they offer.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Here is one option: Home of Pro-Shift Paddle Shift Systems

Note that it won't be a native system like the gen5 with kit ecu, you'll need to fab mounts for the solenoid/motor etc. but it can be done on the gen4.
Gen 5 just needs a flash to unlock the auto blipper down shift. Nels unlocked it on my ECU for free. FTECU wanted $300 to unlock it, plus the price of their flash lol.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Gen 5 just needs a flash to unlock the auto blipper down shift. Nels unlocked it on my ECU for free. FTECU wanted $300 to unlock it, plus the price of their flash lol.
The guy asked about gen 4, and woolich system is better than the copy company of FTECU.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The guy asked about gen 4, and woolich system is better than the copy company of FTECU.
Yes, the OP asked about a Gen 4. However, i was making a comment about what was said in the text I quoted :hello:. And I agree with you, Woolich is much better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts