Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First of all, I want to apologize*for my bad english.*
I'm looking into a shorty slip-on for my ZX10R 2018 SE, really like the two bros one, here's a link:*https://www.twobros.com/products/kawasaki-zx-10r-2016-2017-shorty-s1r-black-carbon-slip-on-part-number-005-4290407-s1b

As you can see, It'd remove the catalyst, so as far as I know this would require to remap fuel injection. Is this true?*

In case a remap is needed:

• How far is this needed? In case remap it's not done, there would be performance loss regarding OEM exhaust + catalyst?
  • How is it done in this bike? I need a Power Commander kind of tool? OEM ECU can not be remapped?
  • Will I lose some bike features? (i.e Power mode option)
Note: I'm not into hp gain. I only want to change slip-on for sound and esthetic.

Thank you :grin2:

·
Registered
207 Posts
can add 3/4 exhaust (header back, no catalyst) without ECU remap or power commander... bike will backfire more (sounds awesome to me, but some people dont like it) and some low/off throttle response becomes a little jerky / touchy, but otherwise its totally fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a danmoto catdelete and an akrapovic slipon installed. The result is quite back fire when decelerating (if you are driving fast and at high rpm, if you are driving normal in the city you rarely hear anything).
Ecu flashed with Woolich to remove the restrictions of ETV maps and the result is excellent. You do not lose any functionality of the bike, but you have the possibility to modify any configuration.

What is your native language?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a danmoto catdelete and an akrapovic slipon installed. The result is quite back fire when decelerating (if you are driving fast and at high rpm, if you are driving normal in the city you rarely hear anything).
Ecu flashed with Woolich to remove the restrictions of ETV maps and the result is excellent. You do not lose any functionality of the bike, but you have the possibility to modify any configuration.

What is your native language?
I'm from Barcelona, so spanish and catalan.

I love back fire noises, that's not a problem.

My concerns are about a performance downgrade. I remember back in 2011, when I purchased a 2bros full line to my Ninja 250R, I didn't install a power commander in a first instance. Bike had real troubles to pass 9-10K rev range on high gears and that kind of problems are what I'm trying to avoid right now.

Time to stretch bike performance will come when I feel I could go faster. Right now I'm not using even a 75% of this beast.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Be careful, if you remove the cat, make sure the link pipe has a bung to allow for the o2 sensors. Remap allows for removal of the o2 sensors.
If you dont remap, I highly suggest an Autotune unit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My concerns are about a performance downgrade. I remember back in 2011, when I purchased a 2bros full line to my Ninja 250R, I didn't install a power commander in a first instance. Bike had real troubles to pass 9-10K rev range on high gears and that kind of problems are what I'm trying to avoid right now.

ive been riding with 3/4 system and no remap for a year now... as i mentioned, there is some surging and choppy throttle at very low RPM (like cruising through a parking lot barely above idle) but once the revs start climbing there has been no issues at all.

of course you will get the best performance from a proper dyno tune, or at worst a power commander type unit with autotune.... but no concern about losing noticeable performance without the remap, if it loses anything at all, its probably just 2-3hp which you wont notice, its not like a 250 where 2-3hp would be a big difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be careful, if you remove the cat, make sure the link pipe has a bung to allow for the o2 sensors. Remap allows for removal of the o2 sensors.
There isn't something like a sensor eliminator kind of thing? The one that used to be inside Power Commander boxes.

I've also read something about a "servo" but I don't know what it means. There is something more I should care besides O2 sensor?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It is not a concern on this motorcycle, since the o2 sensor is in the exhaust manifold, so the OEM sensor stays in place.

I'm from Barcelona, so spanish and catalan.
Yo soy de Uruguay y tengo la misma moto, cualquier cosa que te pueda ayudar, me escribes :welcome:

Time to stretch bike performance will come when I feel I could go faster. Right now I'm not using even a 75% of this beast.
Surely you have a power gain of a few hp, luckily your bike is unrestricted, mine came from the United States and was restricted on ETV map… I had to flash my ecu with Woolich.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is not a concern on this motorcycle, since the o2 sensor is in the exhaust manifold, so the OEM sensor stays in place.
You are totally right, I've just checked it right now. One more thing to not worry about :biggrin:

I've purchased a servo buddy for avoiding FI red light.

Yo soy de Uruguay y tengo la misma moto, cualquier cosa que te pueda ayudar, me escribes :welcome:
Que bueno!! Si necesito ayuda con un futuro flash de la ECU ya se a quien preguntar :idea:

Surely you have a power gain of a few hp, luckily your bike is unrestricted, mine came from the United States and was restricted on ETV map… I had to flash my ecu with Woolich.
I don't know if it's restricted on ETV map, something I could do to check it?

Thank you for your help guys! I really appreciate it :notworthy:

·
Registered
11 Posts
But the o2 sensor is not in the catalyst, in the 2016-x is in the mainfold, isn't it? (sorry I don't know how to say it in english the pipes between the catalyst and the cilinders).

The servo is the wire that goes from under your seat to the catalyst, you won't have problems if you free the wire in both ends, I have it in this way.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Guarf I have a question for you about woolich (hablo español tambien). I ha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Guarf I have a question for you about woolich (hablo español tambien). I ha
Sorry something happened with my computer. I have a question about woolich. I'm thinking on remap, but.. is woolich easy to configure? I only would like to unlimit the firsts gears and activate the down shift without clutch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But the o2 sensor is not in the catalyst, in the 2016-x is in the mainfold, isn't it? (sorry I don't know how to say it in english the pipes between the catalyst and the cilinders).

The servo is the wire that goes from under your seat to the catalyst, you won't have problems if you free the wire in both ends, I have it in this way.
I read some reviews complaining about a FI light showing up when removing servo wires, that's why I have also purchased a servo buddy, I will sleep better haha.

I will upload some pics when everything is installed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry something happened with my computer. I have a question about woolich. I'm thinking on remap, but.. is woolich easy to configure? I only would like to unlimit the firsts gears and activate the down shift without clutch.
It's easy if you take the trouble to read the woolich tutorials :), most people need an initial guide on how to do it ... and then follow step by step:

1) install the cable in the ECU
2) install the software on a notebook
3) achieve a successful connection between the bike and the software
4) understand the maps, which ones you should modify and which ones not
5) enable or disable limitations, errors, etc.
6) create or choose a map and flash it on the ecu.

And that would be the basics, the best and most efficient is to use the autotune to create an ideal fuel map for your motorcycle, your accessories, exhaust, filter, fuel type, sea level, etc.

About the autoblip, with flashing the ecu you can activate it ... but maybe it doesn't have the best behavior, you can pay for a woolich kit where you can improve all the parameters for the autoblip.

·
Registered
337 Posts
this bike has the o2 sensor on the headers so that's not an issue. he doesn't need a midpipe with a bung unless he plans on using a wideband o2 with something like the logbox or whatever ftecu offers.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a 2018 zx10r SE with the twobros low mount shorty race exhaust. it has the cat delete midpipe and it is great the bike loves it. you do not need to reflash or remap or any crap like that . you will just have tons of decel pop. block off the pair valves and reduce that to almost nothing. i only get it on a rare occasion and only one loud bang when decel in first gear without pulling in the clutch till I'm almost stopped. I'll take a pic right now but I fucking love how it sounds and it helps with dropping a bunch of weight since you remove the cat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts