Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm just easily irritated but does it bother anybody else that the announcer can't fucking pronounce Lorenzo's name properly? The guy has a fucking lisp and he's the announcer for motogp! Wtf i swear I legit cringe everytime I hear him try to talk about him. Lol sorry I am not trying to be a dick towards people with a speech impediment but cmon if you have one, you shouldn't be an announcer, no?!?!

My next comment is how about that bump pass Casey stoner pulled?! He would have flipped a shit if someone did that to him! He doesn't put a hand up to apologize either. And apparently no one had anything to say on the subject!?! Wtf is up with that???

Lol OK end rant! Comments anyone?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Maybe I'm just easily irritated but does it bother anybody else that the announcer can't fucking pronounce Lorenzo's name properly? The guy has a fucking lisp and he's the announcer for motogp! Wtf i swear I legit cringe everytime I hear him try to talk about him. Lol sorry I am not trying to be a dick towards people with a speech impediment but cmon if you have one, you shouldn't be an announcer, no?!?!

My next comment is how about that bump pass Casey stoner pulled?! He would have flipped a shit if someone did that to him! He doesn't put a hand up to apologize either. And apparently no one had anything to say on the subject!?! Wtf is up with that???

Lol OK end rant! Comments anyone?

Properly? http://www.studyspanish.com/pronunciation/letter_z.htm

Yes it does sound a little strange.....
I believe you're referring to Greg Creamer, the guy with the supposed speech impediment. :crackup:
A guess could be since Speed and MotoGP are involved globally, I doubt Greg wants to sound like an uneducated idiot to the global audience......as compared to the redneck morons commentating on NASCRAP.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Properly? http://www.studyspanish.com/pronunciation/letter_z.htm

Yes it does sound a bit strange...
I believe you're referring to Greg Creamer? A guess could be since Speed and MotoGP are involved globally, I doubt Greg wants to sound like an uneducated idiot to the global audience or be associated :crackup: to the typical redneck morons commenting on NASCRAP.
OK I guess I owe an apology! But it just sounds so strange to the ear! Although I have to say I have Spanish friends of mine that follow andthey also said it's incorrect but they are Dominican not from spain so maybe dialect is different.

·
Registered
207 Posts
OK I guess I owe an apology! But it just sounds so strange to the ear! Although I have to say I have Spanish friends of mine that follow andthey also said it's incorrect but they are Dominican not from spain so maybe dialect is different.

maybe they should take a course in proper Spanish....:crackup:
it's all good...we learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I could swear the other announcer who sounds like a brit pronounces it with a Z - i really like that guy, calls races well. Cant stand Lorenzo though. And yea that bump was more of a divebomb and id have had a little talk with Casey afterwards.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
They only are concerned with cal crutchlow at the moment. It was all toseland a few years ago. They were gushing for crutchlow in qualifying going on and on about his times, then spies bested his time, and they just casually mention it , adding in a deadpan voice "well he is riding for his job you know". :rolleyes: Like all these guys aren't. Stoner is an amazing talent, but man is he a whiny little bitch. Like in germany when he runs knee deep in the gravel but decides to blame the marshalls on his result for not helping him get pushed off, up hill, wtf. I really like lorenzo though, seems a good guy and doesn't let anything bother him. I can see why some don't, he's cocky, but no one was cockier than rossi and everyone loved him. Lorenzo is good enough to be as cocky as he wants.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could swear the other announcer who sounds like a brit pronounces it with a Z - i really like that guy, calls races well. Cant stand Lorenzo though. And yea that bump was more of a divebomb and id have had a little talk with Casey afterwards.
haha yeah he does and it just flows. Fuck what's proper! Lmao!

They only are concerned with cal crutchlow at the moment. It was all toseland a few years ago. They were gushing for crutchlow in qualifying going on and on about his times, then spies bested his time, and they just casually mention it , adding in a deadpan voice "well he is riding for his job you know". :rolleyes: Like all these guys aren't. Stoner is an amazing talent, but man is he a whiny little bitch. Like in germany when he runs knee deep in the gravel but decides to blame the marshalls on his result for not helping him get pushed off, up hill, wtf. I really like lorenzo though, seems a good guy and doesn't let anything bother him. I can see why some don't, he's cocky, but no one was cockier than rossi and everyone loved him. Lorenzo is good enough to be as cocky as he wants.
I have to agree here lorenZo is a pleasure to watc. Just silky smoothe! Cocky yes, but i don't mind that if when they loose they arent blaming other people or just plain whinning (stoner ). I mean stoner is amazing as well no denying that but seriously bro stfu and race!!!
who is Lorenzo? I thought we were talking about Lorentho.....:crackup:

even the Brits mess it up....
Hahaha you're beginning to bother me! Jk

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I like Pedrosa cause he strikes me as being like Lorenzo w/out the cockyness. But that cobra/snake charmer move Lorenzo did while standing on his bike in victory lane was bad as hell. Hope Spies and Hayden can pick it up a little here soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts