Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talkes are Starting this weekend at Valencia about going to 1000cc in 2011 or 2012 . Epinozia?? The CEO of DORNA said he would go to 1000cc right now if he could . Its about time For 1 the series needs a little flare and secondly they say the 800cc format ended up being more expencive than the 998cc series .

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick they can switch before the 2011 season if all the manufactures agree to it . Normally that would be impossible but due to the fact they still have the old 998 designs its plausable . In these problimatic economic times . If the cost savings was substancial the idea of the 1000 cc switch would be probable . But I would think speeding up a dead line like that cost dollars itself .

·
Registered
515 Posts
modified production 1000 engines is what i heard this morning during moto gp qualifying.
Heard the same about modified production engines, but nothing on the MotoGP webiste to confirm it.

If that's the case, then the "trickle down" of tech might just be awesome.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I On that site I have a hell of a time getting onto the forum(but great for news ) . for motogp &WSB forums I go to http://www.rideontwo.com There is a thread showing Motogp2 bikes .. they are really getting alot of new chasis designs developed already ( with pics ) BTW did you see the 1000cc conformation ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good news!

MotoGP will return to full one-litre engines in 2012, at the end of the five-year interlude of 800cc prototypes.
And looser regulations will make it possible for production-based
engines to join the grids, alongside
factory prototypes. This has been confirmed by Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta, who revealed that the factories, through their MSMA association, had approved the idea in principle, after failing to come
up with any meaningful cost-saving proposal to counter the shrinking
800cc grids.
The current thinking is for fourcylinder one-litre engines, that can
come from any source: “Production crankcases and
crankshafts may not be good enough, but modifications will be allowed to convert them to full race engines," said Ezpeleta.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zero whats the sourse? I myself am in favor of the production based machines to fill the grid . Also it will end the contraversy that a production bike could be competitive with a full GP bike . But I read earlier that the manufactures flat shut the idea down and had a contractural agreement as such to have full say in the matter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts