Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Pics

Sorry about the delay in getting pics up have had issues with bloody computer , looks like a new one is needed

Attachments

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Some more , enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
He will be going to Harlequin I belive mate , lets hope he gets along with the kangaroos then , I have tried to get him used to the local wildlife . :crackup:

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Donkey in Brisbane

Ok. Donkey arrived in sunny Brisbane on Wednesday afternoon so I decided to dodge work on thursday and take donkey out for a spin. He's not here at the best time of year as its mid winter but there still should be a few nice sights for him out there.

So day 1 of his Australian tour donkey travelled from Samford, up over Mt Mee and out to Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast.

First stop. Welcome to Samford. This is the town in which I live. Its about 20 mins drive north-west of Brisbane.

More photos will follow of the area - Donkey has already had a go at scaring the lorikeets off our back deck.

From there Donkey and I set out to Daybora with the intention of taking on Mt Mee one of the better roads in the area. But first stop is the Daybora pub. Now its a Thursday in mid-winter so we have the place to ourselves. Normally though there is always a nice collection of bikes here at the bottom of the mountain.

Donkey says "Can you see me?!?!"

Next stop - the twisties!

·
Registered
451 Posts
So up Mt Mee donkey and I flew. Donkey couldn't believe how good some of these roads were and such a view! He insisted that we stop and take some more photos so that he could make all the other donkeys jealous!

South Side of Mt Mee.
http://picasaweb.google.com/kyemacdonald/2008_08_07/photo#5232293936365471874

I think the grin here just sums it up.... The whole time Donkey was on my back (literally!) urging me to go faster faster faster! I did my best...

The view over Samford Valley back the way we had come

While we were up there taking photos the Ocean View Rural Fire Brigade came along planning backburns and donkey just had to jump on the truck for a photoshoot. Tart...

Not that he looks that comfortable..

Finally one quick look at the road that coming up. Donkeys grin says it all...

Next stop is the top of Mt Mee and the view of where the mountains meet the sea.

·
Registered
451 Posts
On top of Mt Mee - Donkey is drinking in the view that goes all the way to the sea

Donkey checking out the local town church - Its mainly used just for weddings these days but the view is worth the drive

The view from Mt Mee lookout of the Glass House Mountains - they are all shear spires of rock that are all that are left of giant volcanos

Map of the local area

Donkeys not to sure about this.... He seems a bit intimidated by the picture of a glider possum.... Maybe he thinks thats a drop bear....

From here its on to Caloundra and the white sand beaches of the Sunshine Coast.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Oh yeah - this is the life!

Donkey was thinking about stripping off and going for a swim... But despite those people swimming the in background he decided discretion was the better form of valour because its way too cold!!

Too cold to swim but sitting in the sun like this is extremely pleasant!

And even though it was too cold to go for a swim donkey knew to stay between the red and yellow flags!

Other wise if you dont stay between the flags and you start to drown this guy wont be there to come save you! Hmmmmm donkey seems a little too happy about being cuddled by the lifeguard....

Ahh - Donkey is back to his usual tricks... He had me worried for a second there!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Donkey checking out the rules of the beach

Its a hard life all this travelling but someone has to do it eh Donkey?

Donkey was starting to go red in the sun so he decided he needed somewhere he could sit in the shade while still being able to people watch on the beach.

Come On DonkeY! Charge through the fountain - I dare you!

Chicken!

Well donkey wussed out in dashing through the fountain so we decided it was time for lunch. Mad fish cafe sits just back from the beach.

Donkey trying to snaffle my beer!

And now he's trying to pinch my steak burger! Back off Donkey boy or I'll turn you into steaks!

Well thats it for now - more photos soon!

PS. I just read PhilW's post - yes that was me with Donkey.. Donkeys been getting lots of attention all round the place!

Edit - fixed the image links - for some reason they were timing out..

·
Registered
451 Posts
Glad you guys like. These photos are mainly of around the house - going to try to get Donkey out to meet some of the wildlife.

Luis - winter is our dry season - generally no clouds in the sky its just chilly...

So first things first - Donkey welcome to your aussie home away from home.

Donkey decided to sit in the bird bath out the front.

Then on inside to see what goss was being written about him

Next donkey decided he wanted to get up close and personal with some local wildlife. Starting with the birds!

I wonder just how close I can get?!?!

Then my wife decided to rescue the lorikeets from Donkey and allow them to have their breakfast.

But I wanted him back! He's my donkey!!!

Finally I found something out about Donkey that has really really caused me to ask questions about him..... Its a scooter! But not just any old scooter its a Vespa with a side car!!!!! OMG!!!

I don't know what to say Donkey.... I just dont know...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well Donkey hasnt had the best time here with me as he has been stuck inside while his tour guide has been sick and had to change shifts at his normal job so missed out on the weekend action and good weather.
We headed out on monday to take a look around but after a few stops the weather turned bad and Donkey didnt feel like getting wet.
I feel bad for not showing Donkey a better time and letting everyone see more of this area but wanted to send him off and not hold up the tour.
Here are the few shots i got.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
After paying homage to Mick and Daz we called it a day.
Donkey was sent on his way today back to Harlequin who offered to send him on as a big help to me and deserves a great big thankyou.
Yelozx10r is next on the list and hope he can show Donkey a better time than i did.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well while donkey is traveling I found some photos of him in Brisbane I forgot to put up... These are from 13th August...

South Bank - Brisbane - The steel arches run all the way through the park with flowers growing up them.

Donkey up to his usual tricks...

Donkey at the fake beach at southbank - they have built a massive swimming pool with sand edges so it looks like a beach.

On Brisbane river looking at the city lights.

Bit of a poor photo but donkey on mt cootha overlooking the city

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.