Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it’s been fun Donkey has been to more places in the World then even your most traveled person or dignitaries in under 5yrs.

I will be shipping Donkey out to live his long years with Kenny Poppell’s Dad also named Kenny Poppell. If you don’t know who Kenny Poppell is he left us a few years back in a Tragic Motorcycle Accident.
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100321

He started on this site with a First Gen 10R and got quickly noticed on this site first how fast he can go and later became a ProStar Circuit Professional and eventually Won the Championship very quickly in 2007 on his Suzuki 1k.

Kenny was a great Internet friend of mine we use to talk late night when the chat room was active I still miss him always will. Guageline and Kenny purchased Donkey off ebay and started the World Tour, Donkey got lost more than a few times, one time we thought we lost him for good in Africa but with the World Wide Members we have here Donkey was recovered by another member named Bounce.

I fear it’s just a matter of Time before Donkey will get lost forever so there is no better place for Donkey to Stay than with the Family of one of the Members that Started Donkey out on the Tour first for memories of what Kenny was apart of.

It doesn’t mean we can’t start another Tour with a different Mascot anyone can do that but Donkey I feel is best to stay for good with the Poppell family.

I want to thank everyone that got a chance to participate and share their experiences with Donkey and this site it’s truly one of the most amazing stories on any internet site I believe you will ever find.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38330

Bluedevil

Attachments

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
RIP Kenny and long live Donkey in his new found home. Im glad I got to be a part of his journeys and I couldnt imagine a better home for him.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I never got a chance to watch over Donkey, but I was glad to be able to see his movements in this great forum. Love this place.
Enjoy your retirement Donkey. :eek:ccasion1

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,666 Posts
Cool story and a happy ending to his adventures! Definitely a nice tribute to Kenny. :ayyy:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool story and a happy ending to his adventures! Definitely a nice tribute to Kenny. :ayyy:
I think so f'sho what I want to do is send Donkey out with a laminated placard showing history around his neck so SR. Poppell can always read and share with the family....so here is my draft so far:

Hi My Name is “DONKEY”

Yes I know that’s not a name that’s what I am but I never really had an Owner or Home so people just Call me Donkey.

Well the good friends of ZX-10R.net had an Idea to get a Site Mascot and Fly me all over the world to see the sights and report back with pictures. I was bought by a Friend of Kenny Poppell and Kenny and his friend was my first experience of Travel and Motorcycles. Kenny and his friends took me to the races and took pictures of me on their ZX10R bikes then off I went to Officially Kick off the World Tour for almost 5yrs, each member was only allowed to keep me 2 weeks and most took me to some incredible places and I meet many families, friends, dogs, cats and even got to go on some motorcycle rides too.

It wasn’t without its problems though a few members got busy and left me in boxes sometimes to never be shipped out again. I was almost lost for good in Africa once but my Friends on the ZX-10R.net would not allow it. The Administrator put on the Home Page Missing Donkey alerts, the Moderators reached out to all members in the Area in Africa and a member Rode on his Motorcycle 2hrs on his own time to save me.

A Moderator and good friend of Kenny’s on the ZX10R.net was keeping me safe after the Africa incident but he decided I needed a Real Home and to go back where I started. So I am happy to say I am back with the Poppell Family never to be lost again!!!

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brilliant Blue - what a great way to end all of Donkey's travels!!
Thanks Bounce I was hoping you would chime in after all we all including the Poppell family owe you great thanks....your approval means so much to me I thank you. :thumbsup:

PS..Poppell family Bounce is the one that rescued Donkey in Africa :thumbsup:

Bloo

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Welcome Home Donkey...

Thank you Bloo,
For all the time and effort you put in,in getting Donkey connected with this new generation of members that got to experience the pleasures of Donkey.
I for one Enjoyed seeing his ventures,along with sharing the Indy adventures he shared while in my care.
Thank you All for the time we got to share while Donkey maybe shared when Donkey was with you.
Welcome Home Donkey.its been a long tedious journey!
Sincerely, Glockt..

·
Registered
3,360 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Donkey is ready will ship out tomorrow but couldn't resist one last picture as you can see it was a sad moment for all :sad:

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just posting this to make it Official I sent Donkey out today with the laminated Placard Card around Donkeys neck I made to show the history of Donkey :sad: I don't expect to ever see Donkey again even though I seen him back to me many times unless the USPS has a problem with my pre-paid shipping label showed a day later than when I dropped Donkey off. :idea: :dontknow: :helmet:

Donkey is going slow mail though I expect it will take at least a week or more before I get confirmation Donkey arrived safe.

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:thumbsup:

:wave: :donkey2:
Still awaiting Kenny's Dad to confirm he received Donkey......but thanks for the :thumbsup: YSR

Bloo

·
Registered
916 Posts
So good to know Donkey found his final place to stay.
Sorry haven't written much this year been very busy getting certain things taken care of... we will miss him at the Moto GP in Indianapolis this year. It was a blast having him last year there and him meeting so many people who all asked about his story. Also taking him to the Dragon after the Race was a blast. I am so glad I could be a part of his "Life" :mrgreen:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54900&page=112
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54900&page=114

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So good to know Donkey found his final place to stay.
Sorry haven't written much this year been very busy getting certain things taken care of... we will miss him at the Moto GP in Indianapolis this year. It was a blast having him last year there and him meeting so many people who all asked about his story. Also taking him to the Dragon after the Race was a blast. I am so glad I could be a part of his "Life" :mrgreen:
I never heard back from Kenny's Dad and didn't dare follow-up I suspect it's still hard for him and he will probably chime in again like the last time near Kenny's death date it's got to be so hard......let's just hope Donkey is helping. :thumbsup:

Bloo

·
Registered
916 Posts
I never heard back from Kenny's Dad and didn't dare follow-up I suspect it's still hard for him and he will probably chime in again like the last time near Kenny's death date it's got to be so hard......let's just hope Donkey is helping. :thumbsup:

Bloo
Yes it is hard to lose a family member, my Mother passed also this last spring so I can relate to it... I'm sure Donkey will have a word or 2 to say :wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes it is hard to lose a family member, my Mother passed also this last spring so I can relate to it... I'm sure Donkey will have a word or 2 to say :wink:
Sorry to hear about your Mom Louis I can relate my mom died in an accident just like Kenny it's ironic my Mother was the one that helped me get a brand new bike when I was a young lad by co-signing for me....when I bought my 10R I was hoping she was riding with me again it's very hard. Donkey kept us all laughing and strong agree. :wink:

Bloo

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sorry to hear about both your losses Louis and Bloo. :sad:
Thanks buddy... hope to see you at Moto GP this year, bring the bike too :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.