Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well something in the head finally let go.The bike just hit 7k miles and I cant complain one bit about it.I bought the bike with 2k miles on it so for the last 5k miles they were pretty much all quarter mile at a time on the spray. Anyways I plan on having some real port work done to it and going with Black diamond valves carpenter valve spring,titanium retainers. What Im not sure about is what to do with the cam set up. Can I just buy cam gears and use the stock cams or should I do something else.Any ideas for the best power I can get will help.Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Real easy to screw up a zx10 head with too much port work. They come CNC'd from the factory(at least my 04 did) They also have adjustable cam sprockets from the factory. The heads are already awesome on these things, i would recommend 2 mm pistons w/race intake, matched boots, and have fun!!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
your headin in the right direction with the carpenter valve springs and titanium retainers. these are the weakest parts inside the motor imo on the zx10 exspeacially if you plan on being on the bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts