1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
My guess is yes.

·
Registered
858 Posts
If you lower the bike you effectively make it turn in slower. Basically it will be a little more sluggish when you go to make turns. It will also most likely turn wider.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick answers guys. You guys are a lot more of a help than the people on ZX Forums.

Now if it makes the bike slower and makes it turn wide, should I even lower it? I mean I'm only 5'6" that is why I want to lower it, but should I?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just lowered the ZX-12R. It seems as if it handles just the same, however; The steering feels a bit loose. Should I get a steering dampner?

Also, since it is lowered... Do you think it would be able to run on the track?? Really would like someone's opinion on this subject. Thanks!:eek:ccasion1

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Just lowered the ZX-12R. It seems as if it handles just the same, however; The steering feels a bit loose. Should I get a steering dampner?

Also, since it is lowered... Do you think it would be able to run on the track?? Really would like someone's opinion on this subject. Thanks!:eek:ccasion1
what track Drag or oval?? Drag that whats needed low as u can go.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Killer12R> My 12 has been lowered since I bought it back in 2000 and I have not had an issue with slower steering or turn radius. However, I did level the bike (raise fork tubes in triple clamps, but not more than 1-1/4") when I put the Muzzy links on the rear. I have run the tyres out to the edges and not touched my foot pegs to the ground either. I didn't purchase an after market kickstand, I cut mine and had the foot welded back on at the correct angle. I did go with a Scotts damper though, it's always better to have it and not need it. I put one on my 10R too, I need one on that bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts