Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

does your significant other support your hobbies (motorcycle)?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so im engaged balls-deep into this turbo project and have learned some lessons the hard way:badteeth:. back in the day when i told my wife i was going to buy a 10r she about flipped. needless to say it didnt stop me:thumbsup: but i had so sell my r6 in the long run. yea, thats not a good foundation to marriage but when im the hard working bread winner, my debts well in control, we have a savings plan and i have a roth ira/retirement plan...why the hell dont i deserve some special treatment toward my hobby?! she resents it! much like most of your spouses may ie girl friends, boy friends, significant others and for you west virginia folk, sisters/brothers:lol:.
soo in the dawning of a new motor/turbo-kit the waters are rough and battles hard fought. i hate to disagree with her and do love her but i cant respect her when she finds wrong in everything i do with my bike.
i have my man-cave aka my garage and in there is jenna, my garage-wench. jenna knows not to open her pie-hole:wink:

how many of yous fell my pain?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Not me. My wife loves the bike and is very fare with what she allows me to spend on goodies for it. However, I am supporting of what she likes to and don't care what she spends on her stuff either. It is 50/50 split. Oh and maybe it has something to do with the picture you have there on your bench.:badteeth::crackup:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i totally support her interest too but it seems lately shes only interested in bitching at me so you know where i stand on that.

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
man i get shit if i look at others peoples bikes, to her im "OBSESSED" but i go see every one of her volleyball games nad sports and all that crap. bleh girls are so lame sometimes. i work for my money i do what i want :D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
my old lady cant stand the bike and wishes someone would steal it. we have had bad issues about it im pretty sure it will lead to us breaking up. i told her just dont make the mistake of trying to make me choose.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
my old lady cant stand the bike and wishes someone would steal it. we have had bad issues about it im pretty sure it will lead to us breaking up. i told her just dont make the mistake of trying to make me choose.
Haha rep sent brother! My words exactly. Its more about principle. Yea, I've commited adultery I always cheat on my wife- with my bike!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Whenever my lady starts fighting with me I jump on the 10 and go for a ride to burn off steam. Well not always, but tonight I did. We were out to eat w/her co-workers and I was gonna ride the bike to bww and she drive:angryfire her car. I hadn't heard back from my buds if they were riding tonight so I was like 'hey, I'll just ride w/you if you aren't staying too late.' she said 'OK, just going to eat and have a beer or 2.' Finally after about 2.5hrs(half of what was :bs: woman drunk talk), I kept nudging her under the table cuz I wanted to ride still. I was the sober one had to drive us home - she was quiet and angry looking the whole ride. Asked what her problem was when we got home- she said 'nothing' which we all know in woman talk means 'I am pissed off at you because you are a selfish bastard' or something along those lines. So I was like ok I'm gonna go ride then if 'nothing' is wrong. Of course 15min later I start getting angry text messages.....DAMN women, you can't live w/o them and ya can't shoot them. I know it was just drunk girl emotions but how many times do I have to deal with it, you know it will eventually be the same if you move on to the next bitch! Sorry about the :rant::rant::rant:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Haha rep sent brother! My words exactly. Its more about principle. Yea, I've commited adultery I always cheat on my wife- with my bike!
Thanks for Rep. i have given up trying to compromise. its strange how we can sit in the house all day and not say 2 words to each other just laying around the house. but soon as my buds call and wanna ride, all of a sudden there are a million places she wants us to go.

Asked what her problem was when we got home- she said 'nothing' which we all know in woman talk means 'I am pissed off at you because you are a selfish bastard' or something along those lines. So I was like ok I'm gonna go ride then if 'nothing' is wrong. Of course 15min later I start getting angry text messages.....DAMN women, you can't live w/o them and ya can't shoot them. I know it was just drunk girl emotions but how many times do I have to deal with it, you know it will eventually be the same if you move on to the next bitch! Sorry about the :rant::rant::rant:

True man true. its old shit, but same shit, and gettin tired of it shit.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
My wife hates my my 10 :badteeth:. Her co-workers like my 10 :lol:. She said I spend too much time working on my bike on my day off :lol:.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
so im engaged balls-deep into this turbo project and have learned some lessons the hard way:badteeth:. back in the day when i told my wife i was going to buy a 10r she about flipped. needless to say it didnt stop me:thumbsup: but i had so sell my r6 in the long run. yea, thats not a good foundation to marriage but when im the hard working bread winner, my debts well in control, we have a savings plan and i have a roth ira/retirement plan...why the hell dont i deserve some special treatment toward my hobby?! she resents it! much like most of your spouses may ie girl friends, boy friends, significant others and for you west virginia folk, sisters/brothers:lol:.
soo in the dawning of a new motor/turbo-kit the waters are rough and battles hard fought. i hate to disagree with her and do love her but i cant respect her when she finds wrong in everything i do with my bike.
i have my man-cave aka my garage and in there is jenna, my garage-wench. jenna knows not to open her pie-hole:wink:

how many of yous fell my pain?
mine supports my hobbies, sorry yours does not, but if thats a picture of her on your work bench:badteeth: I would try and find a way to work it out :wink:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
And women come and women go should be able to just trade em in. Yeh this one is giving me trouble she,s been rode hard and now she,s giving me trouble.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I guess I got agood one cause mine doesn't really say anything about mine except things like are you going riding this weekend? my answer yes but only sat or sun...I rarely ride both days so she can go do something if she wants...For example this sat she's going to a friends house to scrapbook and I'm keeping the kids. On sun we're going to a BBQ with a bunch of my bike buddies and the wife is cooking/providing something that I volunteered her for. i don't spend a bunch of money on the bike either but she wouldn't say much if I did cause i don't really spend money on anything else

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
When I was young and stupid I sold a bike I loved for a girl because she though it was too dangerous, we almost ended up married but then she went psycho crazy nuts and we broke up, to this day I still miss the bike but not the girl, never again will I put up with any womans grief about my hobbies. When I start dating a new girl at the first sign of any BS I give them three choices, 1) break up 2) say nothing or 3) get involved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My first wife was "very supportive" of my interests in getting a motorcycle and asked that I wait until after we were married and got into our first house, which we were having built. As funds were short and new homes are money pits I honored her request and waited. After getting settled in to marriage, home, kids, etc. I declared it was time I made the jump and get the bike. Well as you can imagine the response was less than supportive. In fact it was quite the opposite for many reasons. I didn't get the bike as I felt it was best to honor her feelings. She further killed it when she started interfering with my Mopar interests as well. Well, long story short she kicked me to the curb! I have a "new" wife, "new" baby, and a blended family now. Nikki supported my first bike purchase fully and I got a 2000 ZX7-R as a starter bike. This was when she was pregnant with our baby. Kinda opposite of the norm in respect to all the bikes you see for sale due to "baby on the way". I also purchased two other project bikes to fulfill a desire to build a cafe racer. I recently upgraded to a ZX10-R and sold the 7. Nikki doesn't always get my addictions but she certainly supports me 110%. My wife is truly one in a million. P.S. Thanks Tammy for divorcing me!

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Now that she has her own bike, the Mrs completely understands me and the bikes.

·
Registered
708 Posts
When I was young and stupid I sold a bike I loved for a girl because she though it was too dangerous, we almost ended up married but then she went psycho crazy nuts and we broke up,
wanting you to sell your bike was the greatest indicator ,to me at least, that she was nuts!!!!

To answer the question.. my wife wants a grudge bike built for her so yes she supports my hobby:mrgreen:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And women come and women go should be able to just trade em in. Yeh this one is giving me trouble she,s been rode hard and now she,s giving me trouble.
:+1:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not only did I support hubby...by doing so I ended up getting my own:thumbsup:...Can't ever see riding on the back of one again!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts