Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my throttle... to me it looks like its been rubbing on the cable housing pretty good

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant seem to figure out y my idle just increases for no reason.... cables are adjusted with proper play..

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
What RPM is it fluctuating between? At what bike temp? Oitside temps?

·
Registered
608 Posts
is it possible not to twist it as much......lol

anything modded in that area?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What RPM is it fluctuating between? At what bike temp? Oitside temps?
It will idle at @1100 for about a.minute or 2 then goes to 15-18 for no reason... i can twist the throttle toward the front of the bike and it will idle down and if i hold it there it will shut off.. bike is at 140 ambient temp is 40

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
It will idle at @1100 for about a.minute or 2 then goes to 15-18 for no reason... i can twist the throttle toward the front of the bike and it will idle down and if i hold it there it will shut off.. bike is at 140 ambient temp is 40
Still do it when the bike is @ 200°? Secondaries in or out, rifle mans insert? Cables lubed? Power commander? IMHO, the idle adjuster being all the way shut or open sounds fishy.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still do it when the bike is @ 200°? Secondaries in or out, rifle mans insert? Cables lubed? Power commander? IMHO, the idle adjuster being all the way shut or open sounds fishy.
200° i don't know never let it run that long..
flies are in..
no rifleman
cables lubed
PCIII connected

Yes i can adjust idle up and it goes up i turn completely shut idles normal but will creep back to the 15-1800 range..

Think thePCIII could be bad

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what i found........

Ok so took my TBs off this morning after checking every hose and connection there is.... What i found was my main Plates are not closing all the way, which should explain y the bike is calling for more fuel..... I compared them to a set i purchased (800 miles on them) and there are completly shut as they should be......

some pics...
My oringinal ones with gap...

My originals showing the adjustment screw hitting the arm,not sure why its hitting it as thats what keeps my main plates open.. its never been touched!

another angle

Now heres the other set i got...

so it seems theres no air leaks in hoses, and cables are fine, so im waiting on new cable and going to put the new Tbs in and hopefully all is good... no more revving on its own or sticking at 6k rpms...:badteeth:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
thats about how mine looked

1 - 14 of 14 Posts