Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy folks. Use to be a very active user here. Had a 2nd gen then a 3rd gen, then sold it early last year. Got into international traveling and hit 20 countries in 2 years and never had time to ride! I already have 6 new countries booked for this year. But I miss riding so much and I'm going to make time to ride and do track days again. I'm want to finally get back into the game. Picked up a 2016 left over, KRT edition. I was so torn between the carbon matte grey but at the end of the day, I bleed green. My 2006 and 2008 were green and I love the Kawi green. Looking forward to to being an active user here again. Any who, does the Z1000 16t front sprocket still work on the 5th gen? I like it because due to it being OEM, it has a rubber damper which keeps the chain whine down compared to just a steel front sprocket. I've always ran -1/+2 + rifle insert so I'm sure I'm going to look for that lower end grunt. I read that the 5th gen has better gear ratios so I want to give it a shot before I start messing around with gearing. I bought the bike last Saturday but haven't had time to pick it up yet because we got slammed with 3 feet of snow here in Binghamton, NY. Also, it's not like I go riding anyways. I plan to pick it up on Monday in Brooklyn (3 hours away - best deal I could find) which is 3 hours away from me. Anyways, feels good to be back.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Howdy folks. Use to be a very active user here. Had a 2nd gen then a 3rd gen, then sold it early last year. Got into international traveling and hit 20 countries in 2 years and never had time to ride! I already have 6 new countries booked for this year. But I miss riding so much and I'm going to make time to ride and do track days again. I'm want to finally get back into the game. Picked up a 2016 left over, KRT edition. I was so torn between the carbon matte grey but at the end of the day, I bleed green. My 2006 and 2008 were green and I love the Kawi green. Looking forward to to being an active user here again. Any who, does the Z1000 16t front sprocket still work on the 5th gen? I like it because due to it being OEM, it has a rubber damper which keeps the chain whine down compared to just a steel front sprocket. I've always ran -1/+2 + rifle insert so I'm sure I'm going to look for that lower end grunt. I read that the 5th gen has better gear ratios so I want to give it a shot before I start messing around with gearing. I bought the bike last Saturday but haven't had time to pick it up yet because we got slammed with 3 feet of snow here in Binghamton, NY. Also, it's not like I go riding anyways. I plan to pick it up on Monday in Brooklyn (3 hours away - best deal I could find) which is 3 hours away from me. Anyways, feels good to be back.
Welcome back.. King cycle or Prospect Kawi ?

I picked my 5th gen up in Queens.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back.. King cycle or Prospect Kawi ?

I picked my 5th gen up in Queens.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks!...Prospect Powersports.

Nice, gotta go where the deals are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts