Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Would like to have advice on scotts steering damper.

1.Does Scotts steering damper frequently need servicing?
2.How much is the price for the servicing? Does anyone here try it before?
3.How long does it take to service?

thanks

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I haven't had mine serviced yet and it's still performing fine. I may send it in after this riding season. I dunno...

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
scotts is unclear on the service interval...GPR says you will notice a difference and that is when to send it in...Ohlins is every 6500mi

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I have over 10k miles on my Scott's. Still working perfectly. Doesn't Scott's have a DIY kit? I thought it was just a fluid swap?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have used Scotts dampners on every street bike I have owned since 1998. Every spring I change the oil. The instructions are easy and plain in the owners manual. It takes about 15 minutes. There is 2 screws on the back, remove both turn the holes down and sweep the arm back and forth until all the oil is pumped out. Get a squirt bottle like a resturant catchup bottle, turn the holes up squirt the oil into one hole while sweeping the arm slowly until all the air is pumped out, and install the screws. You can buy the oil from Scotts or use a good ultra light suspension oil. That is all there is to it. These things never break like the other types (plunger types) which will quit operating without warning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts