Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Big problem for motogp kawasaki has always been the lack of a top flight rider...

A stoner, pedrosa, rossi, hayden, baylis etc. would put them up there now... They have come a long way from the gary mcCoy era kwaka.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Tis true its not far from being in the mix every weekend throughout the entire race. A top tier rider would make the biggest diff at this point.

BD

·
Registered
451 Posts
And when it rains it obviously gives alot of feedback to the riders - they may have less to lose but de punit went past alot of fast riders before chucking it...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Honestly it was something I had given up hopes of hearing, "Randy De Puniet is leading a Moto GP event!" I thought he was comfortable taking over Nakano's spot at 8th or 9th every race.....I do concurr someone who rides like they have a set would be great. Hopper is finally getting the Zuk going though don't know why he would want to start over? IMHO.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i think jeremy is being very generous with his comments...conversation probably happened at the local pub over a few pints....:wink:

·
Registered
451 Posts
so true. how can you get feed back on the bike. when the rider is always crashing.
Its more than this though - how can you get feedback on the bike when the rider doesn't push it to the razors edge and keep it there?

You watch any of the top flights and their bikes are tied in knots. Where as the guys riding lower down keep the bikes pretty straight. You need the bike to be stretched to know which bits to work on.

Kawasaki for a long time has had a balistic engine (though the 800cc are more tame). I think alot of the time that comes from feedback that says "yeah bike was good but they were going a bit quicker than me". So what are the development engineers to think other than we need more HP.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Its more than this though - how can you get feedback on the bike when the rider doesn't push it to the razors edge and keep it there?

You watch any of the top flights and their bikes are tied in knots. Where as the guys riding lower down keep the bikes pretty straight. You need the bike to be stretched to know which bits to work on.

Kawasaki for a long time has had a balistic engine (though the 800cc are more tame). I think alot of the time that comes from feedback that says "yeah bike was good but they were going a bit quicker than me". So what are the development engineers to think other than we need more HP.
I agree, but why keeping adding more HP than your riders can handle. The bike has plenty of power (unless it is in a straight line with that fargin' duc) now we need a rider that says I am going to tighten the pucker strings and push this thing!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I agree, but why keeping adding more HP than your riders can handle. The bike has plenty of power (unless it is in a straight line with that fargin' duc) now we need a rider that says I am going to tighten the pucker strings and push this thing!
Because all the feedback the engineers are getting is - it needs to go faster.... and they have to work with the riders they have. Also as soon as the engineers say we need a better rider they will start to ignore the feedback.

I doubt very much that they are getting feedback such as the frame is too stiff / wheel base too long, etc etc from their current riders. Nakano and McCoy were great development riders and it can be seen in the strides kawasaki made from their start point with the first 990 to now.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Because all the feedback the engineers are getting is - it needs to go faster.... and they have to work with the riders they have. Also as soon as the engineers say we need a better rider they will start to ignore the feedback.

I doubt very much that they are getting feedback such as the frame is too stiff / wheel base too long, etc etc from their current riders. Nakano and McCoy were great development riders and it can be seen in the strides kawasaki made from their start point with the first 990 to now.
True, these guys are happy just being in GP not driven for the win! Also, my point of why Hopper would be better off staying with Suzuki, look at Nakano this year, actually dropping places off where he was on the ZXRR.

·
Registered
971 Posts
But, Harold Eckl was screwing the team over by having some dealings with someone else. Maybe the team is doing better since the management want it to succeed now... It's a pity Nakano left now, I think it may have been a different situation, had he stayed.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
But, Harold Eckl was screwing the team over by having some dealings with someone else. Maybe the team is doing better since the management want it to succeed now... It's a pity Nakano left now, I think it may have been a different situation, had he stayed.
True Dat, bro. I think he might have not been being listened to, damn shame.

·
Registered
451 Posts
True, these guys are happy just being in GP not driven for the win! Also, my point of why Hopper would be better off staying with Suzuki, look at Nakano this year, actually dropping places off where he was on the ZXRR.
I think added to that is that the honda isn't really competetive. Even the factory hondas are doing badly so running a satelite team for you first season will by massively difficult.

I rate Nakano - I think him on a factory bike (any of them now as the kawasaki and suzuki have really caught the rest up) would be a force. Put him on a factory ducati / yam and I think he would be right up there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts