Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you turn your key back carefully your air and power windows will turn off and your car or truck will still run. the speedo wont work so you can drive without putting on miles. therefore when you sell your car or truck you will be able to get alot more for it and if you lease you can get alot of money back for the mileage that you dont use. i need some rep point please.:lol:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
thats interesting....do you own a dodge and have tried this or is this something you've heard...just wondering if this was something unique to your vehicle or common for all dodge's.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i heard it then tried it and it worked.the guy that told me said it works with all new dodge's. mine is a 2003 ram.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I'd noticed this before, sittin in the driveway, that if the key was turned off very slowly, the truck would be off, but the engine still ran... Guess I am about to go try this for real. 05 QC Ram 4x4 HEMI BIOTCH.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trackaddict said:
I'd noticed this before, sittin in the driveway, that if the key was turned off very slowly, the truck would be off, but the engine still ran... Guess I am about to go try this for real. 05 QC Ram 4x4 HEMI BIOTCH.
it should work i have a 03' 2500 hemi qc and the guy that told me had a new dodge 1500.:eek:ccasion1 let us know if it worked.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a 98 Durango. I wonder if that works.... Not having a speedo and air sucks. Especially the air in the summer. I suppose you could use GPS for the speedo and just roll your windows down before doing that?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rvancil said:
Umm...this is illegal and un-ethical...FYI
they know about but wont fix it. they just have to recall the truck. i just did it to see if it worked.:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nathanw said:
:+1: I wouldn't want to be the guy who gets stuck with a truck that has tens of thousands of miles more than the odometer shows.
dont buy a dodge. i know i won't ever buy a used dodge now that i know this.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
my buddy has a 2004 ram 2500 diesel that has easily 100k+ miles on it towing his race car all over the country for nopi races.. odometer still is less than 36k miles.. this is why i buy new whenever possible.. especially bikes.. you can find a speedo on ebay for 200.00 with under 1k miles for any bike..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I work for a Chrysler/Hyundai dealer..I should try it... :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
i just bought an 03 ram... w/ 29k on the clock, or at least i hope thats all that is on it ... :badteeth:

i gotta try this out, just to see if it works... :dontknow:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Hey if it works more power to you guys...The way i see it its not illegal if they don't fix it...Its not like you are going into the odometer and changing the numbers yourself...Good find

·
Registered
919 Posts
luckz88 said:
Hey if it works more power to you guys...The way i see it its not illegal if they don't fix it...Its not like you are going into the odometer and changing the numbers yourself...Good find

Still don't make it right..And when they go to sell it and someone asks how many miles it has and they give them the number on the odometer they'll be lying...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts