Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so i turned 21 in June, and i have started going to the bar when i am home sometimes, and taking my friends who are turning 21 also. The drinks are already pretty pricey, not that that really matters. But when you go to the bar, and sit at the actual bar and have a few beers and maybe a shot, are you supposed to tip? I have been, and i usually tip between 15-25% because thats what i tip at a resturaunt (as long as the service is good), but is that appropriate or what is expected? What do you guys tip when you go to the bar?

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes lol depends on my mood and how rich I feel lol
So sometimes you don't tip at all? I mean if i dont need to be tipping then most of the time i wont. I know that when the bartender takes car of you you take car of them, but if you just order a few drinks, and its busy and they dont really "Take care of you" then is it necessary to tip? Cause even if your servise isnt great at a resturaunt then i still tip, because thats all they make, but i dont know if its the same with the bar....

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Good rule of thumb: $1 per drink. $3 per pitcher. Sometimes more or less depending on the service and hotness of bartender/waiter, err waitress i mean. Good tips generally mean better service, and usually a free drink or 2.:wink:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Its just like going out to a sit down restraunt....depends on service, quality and most importantly......how slutty the server is.
I don't usually tip guytenders unless the bar is really slow.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
So sometimes you don't tip at all? I mean if i dont need to be tipping then most of the time i wont. I know that when the bartender takes car of you you take car of them, but if you just order a few drinks, and its busy and they dont really "Take care of you" then is it necessary to tip? Cause even if your servise isnt great at a resturaunt then i still tip, because thats all they make, but i dont know if its the same with the bar....
Yes, even if the service is not great, tip. Now if the service is horrible or rude, then skimp on it. I generally tip well, but cut back for bad service. I can't recall ever not tipping though. But i keep in mind everyone has a bad day sometimes, and sometimes it's beyond the server's control.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good rule of thumb: $1 per drink. $3 per pitcher. Sometimes more or less depending on the service and hotness of bartender/waiter, err waitress i mean. Good tips generally mean better service, and usually a free drink or 2.:wink:
Ahh ok, thats about what i was expecting/have been doing.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I usually throw down a couple bucks for a tip per drink. Depends alot on the bartender.

Sent from my SGH-T989

·
Registered
681 Posts
Follow this. He nailed it. Hopefully you will to. That is if the bartender is HOT. If you go to the same place take care of them. They will return the favor.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I frequent my local bar 3-5 times a week. I don't drink much usually literally 1 or 2. I know all the bartenders pretty well. I have seen them get huge tips if the guy is trying to pick them up. I usually tip $1.50 because I have been unemployed since Nov. I don't know how other bars work but mine pays the bartenders $7 or $7.50/hr +tips. they make around $100-150/night and if it is busy that weekend they can get $500 fri and sat.

The policy is if there is less 5 people drinking then the bar tender closes shop at 12. If it is busy then they can stay open til 2 if they want. I have seen a guy pay $20/15minutes in tips to keep it open on top of a $50 tip to get the ball rolling.

I am far from a big tipper but I am a regular that doesn't start trouble and I get a lot of free beer, sometimes cigarettes and pizza.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,025 Posts
^^^ This, except I'm usually $2 per pitcher if she pours it.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Depends. Usually a buck or so per drink...but if let's say the drink is an odd number like 3.50/3.75...they can keep the change too on top of the dollar. Then again if they are way overcharging...like 12.00 bucks for a domestic...they might not get ANY tip from me. Just a dirty look and a remark like, "this thing better be outstanding!"as they give it to me LOL :badteeth:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I only tip ugly chicks, or ugly people in general
you could be the hottes, best waitress ive had, you aint getin a dime

the hot chicks get enough from society just for beign hot, they dont need my chump change on top when they could be working at hooters or striping
ugly chicks cant strip

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I always tip, specially if I'm having mixed drinks; not always but the better you tip the stronger your drink. Normally, I establish a good rapport with the bartender if it's a place I frequent; that normally gets me free drinks. If service is bad the tip is less but and if it's down out rude (which has happened on a couple of occasions) it's $0.00...

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I only tip ugly chicks, or ugly people in general
you could be the hottes, best waitress ive had, you aint getin a dime

the hot chicks get enough from society just for beign hot, they dont need my chump change on top when they could be working at hooters or striping
ugly chicks cant strip
:lol::crackup:

Not a bad point there, but even having dated hooters girls, I'll still tip. I still know people in the business and they do make most of their money on tips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
At "my spot" here next to campus, I tip $1 per bottle or $2-3 per pitcher if I'm paying cash. If I have a tab on a card (which means I'm probably blasted), I tip 50%.

Liquor drinks I tip 100%. Bartenders notice that pretty quick and they always re-pay the favor.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
for beers, no. shots, no. mixed drinks, yes, if they're made correctly. i'm a berkowitz when it comes to tipping.

tip well if you think you'll be going back there a lot. i dont cuz well i dont give a shit

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
At "my spot" here next to campus, I tip $1 per bottle or $2-3 per pitcher if I'm paying cash. If I have a tab on a card (which means I'm probably blasted), I tip 50%.

Liquor drinks I tip 100%. Bartenders notice that pretty quick and they always re-pay the favor.
Holy crap, you tip 100% on liquor drinks? I dont think ill be doing that..... But the $1 per beer seems like the normal. That sounds good.

·
Registered
352 Posts
:+1:

Also, getting your drinks directly from the bartender and tipping them good usually means a stiffer drink.

I used to go grab drinks w/ my folks and my step-father would walk up and give the bartender $20... our drinks would be SO strong. :spit:

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
Take care of the bartender, the bartender will take care of you.

Same is true of wait staff if you are a regular.

In non-regular circumstances hayden41 nailed it. Remember, most tip-eligible staff work for a much lower minimum wage. If they deserve the screw for crappy service--let it fly. Otherwise, tip.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts