Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say yes. He's only 27. He's too young. Thoughts?

I say he will take 2 years off, heal up, and come back for a few years and then really be gone.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I hope not. It's terribly disappointing to watch a man win one of the greatest sports in existence & then whine about it. Not having Eore in the paddock, regardless of how fast he is, will lighten the mood a bit. The grid is too small already to have people act like that.

Just my opinion, of course.

·
The Pace
6,936 Posts
Stoner is the best of the best and learned to dislike organized racing. For good reasons. He will not EVER race pro again.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I hope not. It's terribly disappointing to watch a man win one of the greatest sports in existence & then whine about it. Not having Eore in the paddock, regardless of how fast he is, will lighten the mood a bit. The grid is too small already to have people act like that.

Just my opinion, of course.
I don't understand if you have read the interviews and all the other write ups that state the FACTS and not just the opinions of others how you can say he is whining. He has been open an honest and simply tells it how it is. He is saying what all the other top riders are thinking but are to scared to express. To the best of my knowledge not ONE other rider in the paddock has come out and put him down for anything he has done or said. The mood in the Motogp paddock doesn't need to be lightened, it needs a kick in the arse.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he hates Rossi more than motogp. He really never got over Laguna seca 08 (what a race) and also when the Marshall's helped Rossi back on track but not him.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Eh, why it is I couldn't say. But I watch the coverage an get the rare opportunity to go see a race... watching Stoner race (and win) is a thing of pure awesomeness, until he gets off the bike and opens his mouth. His presence is just poor, and even winning he can find something negative to say. It's draining IMO. Dani Pedrosa is more entertaining pre & post race; that's saying something. Stoner has the ability to win, and he could come back and do so. He is a quitter. I don't like quitters. It's pretty much that simple. Everyone has their own opinions. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think he hates Rossi more than motogp. He really never got over Laguna seca 08 (what a race) and also when the Marshall's helped Rossi back on track but not him.
I don't think he hates Rossi just dislikes a couple of things he has done and said. Without Rossi Stoner wouldn't be as fast as what he is. The Marshall thing, again just tellin It how it is. When you walk around tellin it how it is and others see you as a threat your gunna attract the haters.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
No he will not. Listen to the Soupkast with Chaz Davies.

·
Registered
825 Posts
A quitter.
SpazOnaZX are you for real?
With the illnesses and injuries he's put up with,ridden at way less than 100% and still won,lesser men would not have even competed.
Jealousy is a curse.

As for a return I doubt it.He's just signed a two year deal to drive a V8 Supercar and if he's half decent at that he'll stick with it.
When you're getting spat on by fans,people trying to push you and your wife off your pit scooter,because your beating their favorite riders,just jealousy gone mad.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
A quitter.
SpazOnaZX are you for real?
With the illnesses and injuries he's put up with,ridden at way less than 100% and still won,lesser men would not have even competed.
Jealousy is a curse.
Two words: Dani Pedrosa.

Shit, as far as adversity goes I have more respect RDP. Stoner gets great respect for riding injured and sick, and even more for being top 5 at the same time. He's not quitting because he's sick or injured, now is he? Every other rider in motogp lives in the same world, and races with the same organization. How do the rest of the riders act post race or around the paddock? Of course it's not easy, and I won't even argue whether or not his complaints are legitimate. But the test of man's character isn't what he does when everything is going his way, at least not to me. The fact that he's winning and still whinning kills me. Please don't mistake disgust for jealousy Sir. If there is any rider I might even be a little jealous of, it is most likely Guy Martin.... but that's more like envy. I'm not a jealous person; it's not an emotion I feel. That's because I'm happy with what I get, not unhappy with what I don't have. Hence, the whole reason I dislike Stoner. It seems like he had a better public attitude when hes was not winning, strangely enough.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
PS: "The difference between a normal man and a warrior: A normal man sees everything as either a blessing or a curse, while a warrior sees everything as a challenge"

-Don Juan

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
As Filpr said, he will be racing V8 supercars now. I can't rule out him racing on 2 wheels again though. Maybe not Motogp but maybe WSBK? Who knows. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Anyone who dislikes Stoner is to worried about the guys thoughts on everything other than his skills as a rider. Personally you dont have to like a rider for his personality.
There is so many best of the best athletes that people dislike for one reason or another but respect the fact they are amazing performers..
Personally i like everything about Stoner... if he says your a shithead he says it.. fuck your feelings.. but that is whining by many peoples standards..Answer a question you are asked it is called whining, typical media.

·
Registered
680 Posts
He might do some track days here and there. Race? Especially in MotoGP? I think not. Even a wild card is in doubt. He's not going to race in Phillip Island because he knows he won't win after being off a bike for so long.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts