Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got a brand new set of tires last night, took my bike out like I always do with a new set of tires. Putting along...stopped at a stop sign made a slow right turn and wooop Im down. Broke my rear faring damn it. No real bike damage just plastic, peg and mirror. Rode back by my drag race buddies house and he said I was stupid for not doing a burn out first. First I have ever heard of that. Anyone else?

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think so, I went back and looked. It was like glass LOL. It's a clear day dry roads...my guess is crap left on the tire from install. I barely even leaned...only about 200 yards on the tires.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea will do that next time....just need to get a new peg, mirror and rear fairing. No I didn't forget I was on a 1000. Heck I was barely over 2k. I was going slooooooow.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I am still at The University of Alabama and they seem to repaint the roads every semester. The white crosswalks will cause the rear to slip at just about any speed. Is it possible that you hit some new paint also?
I got my pegs and the bike put back together today and took her back out. Still need to get fairings but back together good enough for riding. Good call on the paint. I see where my tire went. There is a big fat white band of paint along with the two more narrow cross walk lines. I ride across these things every day and never really paid attention with my old tires. So lesson learned. New tires + white cross walk = bad. I did clean off the tires with some water. Man were they slick and then I hit them with some sand paper. After about 45 mins of riding I was leaning the bike around turns just like old. Good deal no major damage to the bike or me (except my flipping chest still kills from the fall lol)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.