Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23,477 Posts
I dont do a burn out on new tires. And I would imagine that coming from a stop sign of you lost the bike tire there was probably somethign in the road? :dontknow:
That or he forgot he is on a 1000cc bike with Major Power and NO weight. :badteeth:

When I get a new tire I ride like grandma for awhile or hit the HWY and bust some spirited runs to heat the tire up....but then again I use Mich tires and trust them so much from my younger days when I would ride in England in the wet at 120mph on long turns with confidence. :wink:

· Registered
23,477 Posts
burn out no...but i do take sand paper and just touch up the tires...and take it easy for a 100 miles or so:)
I seen a thread some place on this site you can sand paper so much to even get rid of Chicken Strips. :dontknow::lol::helmet:

· Registered
23,477 Posts
Last thing you want to do is a burn out on a new tyre.
You wanna ride like Bluedevil. Take it slow, baby the throttle, get some heat in the tyres.
Then you can use them proper.
Enjoy the new tyres.
:eek:t: ...another long timer back :thumbsup:

· Registered
23,477 Posts
Yes been awhile. Almost a year.
Sold the bike. :(
Waiting for the next gen.
No matter.....I remember when you couldn't wait for me to hit the 9s in the 1/4 mile...now it's not if but how fast now so check it out.:heyyou::wink: anyway I hope you get a new one soon :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.