Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
120 70 17 180 55 17 Bridgestone BT 016 Tire Kit | eBay

I had the factory Metzlers on my bike until the rear wore out, I was broke at the time so I just picked up a continental motion for the moment.
(I knew it sucked before getting it, but I commute and I really needed something at the time)

Now I am tired of having to baby my bike and be soo easy in the corners (The back kicks out in a heartbeat now)

I used to have Bridgestone on my 300 and I loved them, they where of the hypersport veriety. What about these though? Are they as terrible as the Continental?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I wouldn't buy them...my phone e is acting up at the moment so I can't bring up the ad or see the price....but, there's great deals to be had on tires...Q3's for the win! Look at motomummy.com they usually have good deals on them.
Tires are the one thing that I wouldn't go cheap on! They do keep your bike right side up!

I had a set of pirelli's Diablo rossi II's before the Q3's a d I really liked them too and they lasted a bit longer than my first couple sets of Q3's.

Ask around for who has the good tire deals now but definitely don't even think about going cheap on your tires!

Just my worthless $.02

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes. Those tyres do suck.

My opinion: Do not get BT016's. They are terrible. My 15 had them stock and I hated them entirely. I know the factory tyres are often different to the same branded tyre that available but I wouldn't risk it. Q3's are a great tyre as stated and a great price. I also like Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa, great performance/wear balance for street riding.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Tires are like women... some you like some dont.

Q3s are phenomenal but you have to change them very very often.

I ride with T30 evos and michelin PR4, and I really like them and wear fine for hard core street.

I have seen guys fly with 016 but honestly there are old tech... the new is S20 evos

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Ive had both stock bt-16s and bought them aftermarket. Seemed like night and day. Not a bad tire til the life is nearly out then they get a little greasy - greasy but predictable. That's just me though. And yea by this point they are old tech, but still not the worst tire by any means. Stock tires always suck.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Ive had both stock bt-16s and bought them aftermarket. Seemed like night and day. Not a bad tire til the life is nearly out then they get a little greasy - greasy but predictable. That's just me though. And yea by this point they are old tech, but still not the worst tire by any means. Stock tires always suck.

ya don't say?!:wink2:

BD

·
Registered
42 Posts
What is the latest and greatest with the S20 evos?

Definitely some personal preference out there but ya, could easily just not be the tire for you!

Tires are like women... some you like some dont.

Q3s are phenomenal but you have to change them very very often.

I ride with T30 evos and michelin PR4, and I really like them and wear fine for hard core street.

I have seen guys fly with 016 but honestly there are old tech... the new is S20 evos

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Bridgestone S20 are very good. I did not like the way the steering felt with the older BT016. I have BT003s on another bike and they are also very good. I have RS10 on another bike and they're great for a little while but wear out fast.

·
The Pace
6,949 Posts
The ax 16's are np on the g4. The only tire that the g4 hates on the back is the pilot power 3. Just too hard so spins a lot. Lasts, though. 180 size not put on this bike.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
120 70 17 180 55 17 Bridgestone BT 016 Tire Kit | eBay

I had the factory Metzlers on my bike until the rear wore out, I was broke at the time so I just picked up a continental motion for the moment.
(I knew it sucked before getting it, but I commute and I really needed something at the time)

Now I am tired of having to baby my bike and be soo easy in the corners (The back kicks out in a heartbeat now)

I used to have Bridgestone on my 300 and I loved them, they where of the hypersport veriety. What about these though? Are they as terrible as the Continental?
I don't know that they suck, but they are not a really good tire, especially after they are worn a bit, long before you reach the end of the "useful life" based on tread wear. Use the Q3, great tire, great price. Very neutral, stupid grip. Keep close tabs on your tire pressures.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The ax 16's are np on the g4. The only tire that the g4 hates on the back is the pilot power 3. Just too hard so spins a lot. Lasts, though. 180 size not put on this bike.
Yeah, they are an decent OEM tire with decent grip but a rather harsh ride and not neutral. There are better choices, though.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Rode a 15 R1, on RS10, stupid grip, no way that I could make that tire slip.... Impressive, lasted 3000Kms only the rear.

Im thinking of the S20evos... Im riding on T30 evo, nice tire the center is very hard but corners very well.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Pilot Power 2CT still one of the best street performance tires available for the price. Its hard in the center for longer life and super-soft on the outsides for great cornering performance. I like the 190/50 for street, or get the 190/55 for roadrace/track. 180 is for the 600's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
S20 Evo

Just my tuppence worth. Always had BT16 Pro on the Zx9, predictable and not bad life. Done plenty of 700 mile round trip taking in 50% motorway and 50% Scottish highlands! Zx10 came with Diablo Corsa, absolutely hated them, awful in the wet, zero confidence but they were in need of replacing. After scouring for opinion on here, i opted for S20. New version of Bt16 but harder centre.... seemed just what i was after. Left the shop, very carefully, out onto the Loch Ness road heading south. Scrubbing them in cautiously, after 35 miles my confidence was peaking againt the 16s on the 9. I was feeling very impressed. That was in cold, damp weather. Recently went out on warmer tarmac and after 40 miles of twisties, the shoulders were noticeably sticky. Riding out further, I am amazed at how much feedback i ws getting, quick turn in, stable lines through corners yet no worries changing line for the odd truck ambush. Again, each to their own but S20 certainly beat 16s. Cant yet speak about longevity having only put 500 miles on them so far........:dontknow::dontknow::zx_blk:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts