Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, ordering a slip on.. do i need a PCIII? i'm thinking probably going with an Area P. any advice on that?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone have the area P extreme can? the shorty? i thought i saw a pic earlier, but wondering how loud is that really? i'm not looking for obnoxious.. don't need another reason to get pulled over..

area p over an akro?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
miykl has one....send him a pm and he'll be more than informative

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's likely you'll get more (harmless) popping on deceleration after fitting your slip-on. Removing the goose helps a lot, as does adding a PC. I usually do all three at once, at a time when I need to remove the tank anyway (checking the plugs, for example).

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I have a Akra slip on and no pc. No problem with drivability, in fact I don't think it affected it at all.
I probablly will end up getting one in the future though.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I have the Area P and really like it. The service from Kerry and Kenny is great and they are quick to respond to any questions. They felt there was no need for any adjustments to the fuel curve. I ran mine w/o a pc for about 2k miles with no problems. Capping the air injection will get rid of most of the popping. When i installed the pc I used a downloaded map and drivability was improved slightly. IMO not enough to make one manditory. As for sound levels, IMO, it's just right. No where near D&D loud. Just good sound. Leave the exhuast valve in place and you can be stealth through neiborhoods, then out on the road it screams.

·
Registered
390 Posts
RMK - I dont think you HAVE TO put on a PCIII because the original mapping on the ECU is so rich - your not hurting anything. But if you want the bike to run noticeably better with better midrange and top end the PC3 is the way to go. There is a thread that I started about the huge improvement I got with a PC3 and a Dan Kyle map (free). So answering your question - Do you have to??? NO.... Is it a good idea if you want performance??? YES

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Shannon Sanders said:
RMK - I dont think you HAVE TO put on a PCIII because the original mapping on the ECU is so rich - your not hurting anything. But if you want the bike to run noticeably better with better midrange and top end the PC3 is the way to go. There is a thread that I started about the huge improvement I got with a PC3 and a Dan Kyle map (free). So answering your question - Do you have to??? NO.... Is it a good idea if you want performance??? YES
This isn't the original name to this thread, I changed it so that the seemingly millions of people that have asked this question might find the answer that they're looking for here.

This is the response I was looking for too. A slip on without a pc3 won't hurt the drivability of your bike. But a PC with or without a slip on will show marked improvement.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Is the PCIII the same as the USB? Recently in our area the local dyno jet dyno has updated to "auto tuning link map building"---o2 analysis with computer aided map compensation. It is rumored by alot of the locals that this works and is paying big hp dividens, but you gotta use a USB box. Fact or fiction?--what you guys think?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
They are all PCIII's, but there are different models (PCIII, PCIIIr, PCIII USB)...the difference is that the PCIII is the original PC, the PCIIIr can also adjust timing and the PCIII USB is a PCIII with a USB connection for fast easy downloads....hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
MAVRIK said:
They are all PCIII's, but there are different models (PCIII, PCIIIr, PCIII USB)...the difference is that the PCIII is the original PC, the PCIIIr can also adjust timing and the PCIII USB is a PCIII with a USB connection for fast easy downloads....hope this helps...
Its gonna help if I get it, now lets review....III's are PC's, but not all PC's are USB's. Yeah, thats it! I got it.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
and not all USB's are PC3's! but then perhaps some USB's are PC111's :smile:

BD

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
While we're on the pc topic, I have sometimes wondered if you took the big numbers in your map and made them small and took the small numbers and made them big-would it be ok to be in a race tuck while waiting for a red light and maybe catch a few winks while wide open.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
jeech said:
what's a PC one hundred eleven? what's it do?
The pc111's were accidently released to the public. It is not widely known, but the maps contained in these PC's are encripted employee and company bank account numbers and of course any and all credit info.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
PC111= one, two, three, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

BD

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
yeah.. just make sure you stay away from PCIII XP.. those keep crashing and need service pack updates.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
actually the new update should do the trick jeech

1 - 20 of 52 Posts