Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have. 2016 zx10 with a Graves exhaust and MWR air filter. My question is do I need to get my bike dyno tuned after reflashing my ecu. I was thinking about going with the FTecu. what are your guys opinion.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Yes, if you want it to be perfect for YOUR bike. The canned reflashes with the downloaded maps and mail-in service are good for about 80% effectiveness. If you want your fueling correct, then you'll need to have it flashed on a dyno, or install a piggyback unit (Power Commander, Bazzaz, etc), or use an auto-tune setup with the reflash kit.

Woolich auto-tune will do it all. Skip the dyno, bike specific fueling, and no piggyback boxes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So instead of sending my ecu I should get the ecu flashing kit so I can take it to my bike to my local race bike shop and have them dyno tune it?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
So instead of sending my ecu I should get the ecu flashing kit so I can take it to my bike to my local race bike shop and have them dyno tune it?

If you get the auto tune kit, you'll reflash it yourself while riding around. No dyno needed. If you get just the basic kit, then you could have your tuner do it on the dyno. There are some shops (not many) that well reflash it for you while on the dyno do you don't have to buy the kit. But having the ability to do it yourself is priceless.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
What's the polling rate or whatever on the Woolich autotune?

I wanna say it's 200hz? I don't remember for certain, but it was really fast compared to competing products.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts