Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a two brothers slipon exhaust on my 08 zx10r and except for the looks of the after market exhaust i miss the performance of the stock exhaust.it seems it lost a good bit of bottom end and i can't stand the popping sound when i let off the throttle,i checked for leaks but everything seems tight.i installed the insert that two brothers offers but all that it did was lower the sound.it seems i lost a good bit of back pressure.i was told that a pc3 would fix this problem and then some.need your help!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
That popping on decel is normal. I am surpised that you find a loss of bottom end but a couple of suggestions that will bring back that feeling (my opinions only):
Remove your secondaries
Smog block off
Rifleman's 1/5 turn throttle

These three simple things will make your bike feel like a whole different bike.
I am sure the PC3 will help with that bottom end feel (hard for me to remember as other crap has been done to mine) but a PC3 is not necessary with a slip on.

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
damn two bros pipe pops like a mofo unless you pc3 and tune the bike. btw, the generic map for the two bros is worthless so don't expect too much with just the pc3 install.

got mine tuned and made about 168 whp on an '06. bike runs great but i'll never get a two bros pipe again.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
You'll get some popping from most aftermarket slipons. Someone said that they do pop on decel even w/ the factory set up but it's not as noticeable since the can is designed to be quiet. (within noise regulations) Installing a PC3 alone will not help much with the decel popping. You need to install the PC3 and have it tuned/mapped by a "qualified" person. This will help get rid of some of the popping but you will always have some to a certain extent...probably something more tolerable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts