Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its sorta become a life goal of mine to wave to a biker cop and have him wave back. But I got to thinking... are biker cops even aloud, by regulation, to wave back? anyone have any success in this?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Its sorta become a life goal of mine to wave to a biker cop and have him wave back. But I got to thinking... are biker cops even aloud, by regulation, to wave back? anyone have any success in this?
I've waved to cops and had a few wave back

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Never seen them wave but off the bike there cool. been to a few bike nights in AC were they patrol. But again i never thought to wave.

Its probably a violation if you remove your hand from the bars??

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
never had one wave back.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a couple I see on a normal basis in Southern Cali that wave back. There was one in Lake Havasu that waved at me first...surprised me:badteeth:

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've waved and just gotten stared down....but then again, at least he didn't pull me over :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have never read anything that says your MUST have two hands on the bars. I see like maybe one biker cop a year around my area.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
there is only one in a town north of where i live and never got a wave from him, but did get the lights and sirens LOL back in 1997 pulled me and a buddy over said we revved our bikes to loud LOL and thoght we were racing or some shit LOL then told us to keep it down in town and let us go LOL he was a nice though about it, he thought his 800lb BMW could keep up with a sportbike LOL

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Yeah they wave, usually trying to pull me over.

·
Registered
798 Posts
for the one bike cop ive seen while on my bike .. he waved back lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh ok. so its just the daytona cops that are... as... um... unpleasant.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
oh ok. so its just the daytona cops that are... as... um... unpleasant.

They wave at me all the time here. We just have the nicer, friendlier biker cops here in Austin.:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts