Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
DMG should be arrested for murder. They absolutely killed AMA racing. I miss the racing of the Mladin era.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,662 Posts
It's about time! Anything can be better than DMG driving the series into the freakin' brick wall.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

It's about time.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good news for sure. But I think the economic turns and lack of public interest had more to do with the downfall of pro racing in the USA than the owners did. I hope things turn around, but I'm not holding my breath. Sadly, the MC manufacturer's money is probably better invested in a music videos with Miley Cyrus and whoever the latest rap star is rather than promoting a winning racer...as far as profits go.

That said, I hope to make an appearance in a pro series next year, so I really do hope things works out! :thumbsup:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Good news for sure. But I think the economic turns and lack of public interest had more to do with the downfall of pro racing in the USA than the owners did. I hope things turn around, but I'm not holding my breath. Sadly, the MC manufacturer's money is probably better invested in a music videos with Miley Cyrus and whoever the latest rap star is rather than promoting a winning racer...as far as profits go.

That said, I hope to make an appearance in a pro series next year, so I really do hope things works out! :thumbsup:
I agree about the economic downturn and sadly...the Miley Cyrus comment. :frown: I do think that we as race fans have a chance to help. We need to get out in force and actually GO to the events. Take a few friends. Buy some t-shirts. Its the only way we will get back high level road racing here.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
This sport needs a saviour. With the luring family and the duperbike shootout and now this move with Rainey, we at least have a breath of fresh air. My fingers are crossed!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
i think you guys have it all wrong,

dmg did not do a very successful job of succeeding previous attempts at AMA, however they also came and picked up the bill when the previous guys left due to the economical meltdown

if you look at it in this perspective, dmg gave you ama racing for the past few years when nobody else would have, so in essence they kept the series from dying completely

but i agree i hope it will only get better from here on out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts