Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I have seen a lot of people with great electronics/electrical skills and they have done/created their own speedohealer, gear indicator, tre, etc.. etc..

Anyone done a servo eliminator yet?
Ivan has one but $110 ?

I dont need it really since I still have a lot of space in my trunk.
But, im just curious.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Hey guys. Here is a thread about something that might work. It was for taking off the cables so I don't know if it will work for removing it all together cause I didn't look through it very closely since I have Ivans servo eliminator but it might help.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61566&highlight=tape

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Hey guys check this out, this is for the 04-05, seems no one has got the word out, no need for the 110$ servo eliminator, simply remove one pin from the harness.
http://www.racetaylormade.com/tmpages/kwkpages/kwkfitZX10-R.html

"from instructions: To prevent a warning light appearing on the dash now that the exhaust valve has been removed it will be necessary to remove a pin from the ECU. Disconnect the larger of the two connectors and from the back with the release tab facing up identify the pin on the far R/H side, second row down with a brown and /red wire (see diagram). On one side of the front of the connector are two white tabs, on the opposite side is a single white tab. Push in the single white tab; the two white tabs on the opposite side will push out. Pull the brown and red wire out of the back of the connector and the pin will come with it. Push the two white tabs back into place to lock the remaining pins. Wrap some electrical tape around the pin and tape it to the wiring harness. Re-connect harness to the ECU. "

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've herd removeing causes comp. to run bike in safe mode or limp mode due to falt (FI light). It doesn't seem like this wire pin removel mod would prevent this. IDK. just my non tech $.02

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Removing the pin, only bypases the servo fault signal, your FI light will still function for any other problem, like normal, and you will not be in Limp home mode, from what I understand anyway. I still have my servo installed, just removed the cables. I see no real reason to remove the servo.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
OG I think a lot of people want to do this mod so they can use that area for a PC or some other fueling unit. The 08 has next to nothing in the trunk area and that is a perfect spot for it.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said in the first post, I DO NOT need that space yet.
I have an AKra Full System and my cables are already out,
I just wanna know if someone has come up with an eliminator that is cheaper than Ivans.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey guys check this out, this is for the 04-05, seems no one has got the word out, no need for the 110$ servo eliminator, simply remove one pin from the harness.
http://www.racetaylormade.com/tmpages/kwkpages/kwkfitZX10-R.html

"from instructions: To prevent a warning light appearing on the dash now that the exhaust valve has been removed it will be necessary to remove a pin from the ECU. Disconnect the larger of the two connectors and from the back with the release tab facing up identify the pin on the far R/H side, second row down with a brown and /red wire (see diagram). On one side of the front of the connector are two white tabs, on the opposite side is a single white tab. Push in the single white tab; the two white tabs on the opposite side will push out. Pull the brown and red wire out of the back of the connector and the pin will come with it. Push the two white tabs back into place to lock the remaining pins. Wrap some electrical tape around the pin and tape it to the wiring harness. Re-connect harness to the ECU. "
I've herd removeing causes comp. to run bike in safe mode or limp mode due to falt (FI light). It doesn't seem like this wire pin removel mod would prevent this. IDK. just my non tech $.02

I have seen some do it. But is there a 100% way to make sure nothing else gets messed up when you pull the pin out ?

·
Registered
537 Posts
can anybody explain what exactly the "safe mode" will doing?does it control the fuel mapping or timing,or both of them?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Checking the wiring diagram it looks like all this does is disconnect the wire that goes to the console to activate the warning light.

In other words, it disconnects the warning light for all functions.

Not something I would recommend, but no different than riding around with it on all the time.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Checking the wiring diagram it looks like all this does is disconnect the wire that goes to the console to activate the warning light.

In other words, it disconnects the warning light for all functions.

Not something I would recommend, but no different than riding around with it on all the time.
100% sure ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
100% sure ?
I would say 99%. If you look at the wire diagram, the wire they say to pull goes from the ecu to the console. It is not related to any of the wires coming from the exhaust servo to the ecu.

If you check the console input wiring, only 1 wire is related to the warning light, it must be the one disconnected.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I would say 99%. If you look at the wire diagram, the wire they say to pull goes from the ecu to the console. It is not related to any of the wires coming from the exhaust servo to the ecu.

If you check the console input wiring, only 1 wire is related to the warning light, it must be the one disconnected.
:+1:....but 99.999999% sure.

I thought about making my own like Ivan but after I made my Gear Indicator and didn't see the demand I thought I would get(maybe my fault for not selling it as much :dontknow:) and the same for the Cluster swap then I said to myself I will never make a real servo eliminator after those projects..............but you know what they say "never say never" :wink:

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:+1:....but 99.999999% sure.

I thought about making my own like Ivan but after I made my Gear Indicator and didn't see the demand I thought I would get(maybe my fault for not selling it as much :dontknow:) and the same for the Cluster swap then I said to myself I will never make a real servo eliminator after those projects..............but you know what they say "never say never" :wink:

come on man, it's always good to make a buck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts