Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1721 - 1734 of 1734 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with the latest version of WRT software. I just wanted to load it up, change a few values and write, but it came up with;
- a new version downloaded (fair enough, see them all the time)
- new version loaded and told me my software wasn't registered (WTF?)
- told me that I was going to have to re-register my software on the WR site and it's going to have to be manually verified before I could use the software again (FO!)
- 20min later, the verification came through (Finally I can get my 5min worth of changes done!)
- nope, software now needs to download 'application resource updates' (there goes another 20min)
- once it's "done" it just dissapears, so I try loading up the software again (you can probably guess by now)
- no such luck, apparently the 'application resources' need more updating (waiting for an hour so far. . . . )

I can understand the need to protect ones Intellectual Property, but as the big software companies know, when you start pissing off the valid users, that's when cracked copies start turning up.

Just saying. . .

(edit) Oh and my internet connection isn't slow, it about 24Mbps, but the updates are downloading at about 10kBps and I'm up to about 90MB of updates so far

(edit v2) Third time trying now and it says it still wants more application resource updating, going to try to download a new copy of the program and re-install.

(edit v3) Aaaarrrgh. The new download is doing exactly the same thing. Going to try uninstalling again and re-installing with restarting the computer between each step

(edit v4) No luck, still doing the same thing. Going to raise a ticket.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Been ok for me, but you do lose all your exhaust offset data so dont forget to redo it before you autotune.

Make sure your firewall isnt blocking their servers though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Been ok for me, but you do lose all your exhaust offset data so dont forget to redo it before you autotune.

Make sure your firewall isnt blocking their servers though.
All fixed, Justin got on to it pretty quickly. It was a weird one where my internet didn't want to download quick enough from his server before timing out. My internet tested fine and his server tested fine, but tweaked some settings and it's all good now.

P.S. The update seems to wipe your autotune settings as well as your exhaust settings. Make sure you re-do your settings, otherwise you'll be filtering out everything below 80c.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys. New to the forum. I have my woolich log box and zeittronix stuff. I am wondering if anybody could PM me with a way to find the guhl maps. I am curious to see how his compare ro mine and other maps. Good to be here guys!

·
Registered
110 Posts
why try find a map. fit the stuff and go thrash your bike and the flash tune your bike with the autotune map. as for things like ignition and secondaries. go on the woolich mapshare and download them to your bike. there are some basemaps on there to start you off. all the other stuff is straight forward. hope that helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hear ya. I plan on doing AT soon. Just havent had the time lately. So far im on stock air filter w graves titanium slipon and the EU map. It pops like crazy tho. Was just looking into other options until I get my AT up and running.

I was looking at Justins GRAVES FULL SYSTEM bin file, and specifically at the ignition map. Does anybody know why the values are at 10 in a lot of places when the stock map is around 30 something? Or is my software glitching up or something? Because that doesnt seem right...?

·
Always On Mod
1,840 Posts
I hear ya. I plan on doing AT soon. Just havent had the time lately. So far im on stock air filter w graves titanium slipon and the EU map. It pops like crazy tho. Was just looking into other options until I get my AT up and running.

I was looking at Justins GRAVES FULL SYSTEM bin file, and specifically at the ignition map. Does anybody know why the values are at 10 in a lot of places when the stock map is around 30 something? Or is my software glitching up or something? Because that doesnt seem right...?
I compared the ignition map from the Guhl flash in my ECU with the "13.2 A/F with 91 pump gas" mapshare and they are the same. I used this mapshare as a starting point for AT.

If you haven't modified the PAIR valve it will pop a lot

·
Registered
5 Posts
I compared the ignition map from the Guhl flash in my ECU with the "13.2 A/F with 91 pump gas" mapshare and they are the same. I used this mapshare as a starting point for AT.

I forgot to mention that I bypassed the pair halve w a hose and some clamps and removed the unit entirely. Great point tho.

Thx for the verification on the guhl ignition timing. I do believe that that particular bin file that you mentioned uses the EU spec ignition. IF im remembering properly (not near my computer). I was more interested in the fuel maps but they dont seem to be easily available on the web. Not too important anyway, was simply wanting to see what he was doing in comparison to others.

Just this morning I flashed a new map onto the bike. I used Justins GRAVES FULL SYSTEM file but I used the EU spec ignition instead of what was on his. I swear his ignition map is screwed up or something. The values are WAY off. So far im loving it compared to stock EU tune. Feels great, sounds great, and is BARELY popping on decel, unlike before. I am also at sea level and in high humidity in florida. This map will probably be what I use as a base to start AT with, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thx all.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I forgot to mention that I bypassed the pair halve w a hose and some clamps and removed the unit entirely. Great point tho.

Thx for the verification on the guhl ignition timing. I do believe that that particular bin file that you mentioned uses the EU spec ignition. IF im remembering properly (not near my computer). I was more interested in the fuel maps but they dont seem to be easily available on the web. Not too important anyway, was simply wanting to see what he was doing in comparison to others.

Just this morning I flashed a new map onto the bike. I used Justins GRAVES FULL SYSTEM file but I used the EU spec ignition instead of what was on his. I swear his ignition map is screwed up or something. The values are WAY off. So far im loving it compared to stock EU tune. Feels great, sounds great, and is BARELY popping on decel, unlike before. I am also at sea level and in high humidity in florida. This map will probably be what I use as a base to start AT with, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thx all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, I have a gen 2 with a stock ecu, a slip on and kn air filter.

Will this ecu flashing kit do anything for me? Been reading this thread seems like most of the features are for the newer gens....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hey guys, I have a gen 2 with a stock ecu, a slip on and kn air filter.

Will this ecu flashing kit do anything for me? Been reading this thread seems like most of the features are for the newer gens....
Features available for Kawasaki ZX10R 2006-2007

•IAP Fuel Maps
•TPS Fuel Maps
•Ignition Timing Maps
•Secondary Throttle Plate (STP) Opening Maps
•Fuel Trim Maps
•Adjust RPM Limiters
•Exhaust Valve Opening Maps
•Disable Top Speed Limiter
•Woolich Racing AutoTune
•Real Time Engine Data

1721 - 1734 of 1734 Posts