Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this guys bike, and I knew I should have walked away from it.

When I came to see the bike, it was missing all the fairings, I had no problem of that. I have put several bikes together in the past and had no issues.

We talked, and he said just dropped the bike in his driveway or something and thats why he sold all the carbon body work.

No problem.

WHen I was looking at the bike, he had the gas tank painted black, he said he wanted it black to be a closer match to his Carbon Fiber Bike. Well, there were a lot of sanding marks on the frame and his excuse was "WHen I was sanding the tank I went into the frame"

The tank was painted black because it was filled for the dent, along with the frame.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115802

This guy filled that huge dent in the frame with Bondo

What a joke.... Cant trust anybody with anything, who the goes out there way to fill a damn dent like that. CMON man.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well that was a lie.
He bought a bike in pieces sold as is no warranty we worked out a price and he saw the bike on two different days. I also removed every aftermarket part for him.

He called me off craigslist as the bike was not for sale on the forum.

The frame had a dent (size of a quarter) from a handle bar and was bondo-ed sanded and painted satin black.
He said he wasn't worried about it.

It is what it is he could of walked away at anytime. Now I'm being harassed online and by text saying he's going to file a law suit for fraudulent misrepresentation. Over a used bike that he new was on its side and had sold as is and no warranty needs work all over the ad .

For what its worth I'm sorry you didn't get a perfect showroom bike. But that's not what I was selling it as.

I hope you the best of luck. But this childish stuff needs to stop you bought the bike a month ago.

·
Registered
423 Posts
BTW that thread you linked was a year old I kept it another year after that thread

And the title lied about everything is a pretty bold statement seeing as you counted the cash and came to meet me and pick it.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Dude IDK about this one. I mean, if you knew you shouldnt have bought it, always go with your gut. But also if you knew it had been wrecked and bought it then i dont see how he's at fault. As soon as i see rattle can paint job or aftermarket plastics i know right away its been down or something has happened. And when someone says "WHen I was sanding the tank I went into the frame", after i got done laughing i thought 'Who sands a piece while its on the bike?' lol. That alone would be enough to make me wanna run, not walk, away from that bike. Were the rearsets or anything else also painted while on the bike? lol. Thats like painting a frame without taking anything off the bike. Lots of times i can spot a shitty Bondo job a mile away too. Anytime someone says "aww it just got dropped in the driveway" ive heard that enough times to know to investigate much further and that people say that all the time. I woulda nit picked it at that point. Anyway no sense in me continuing this - your first sentence says it all man. If something doesnt feel right, dont go with it. Im sorry. Hate if that comes off shitty to either of you, i really am trying to be unbiased here.

Reactions: ShervinRRR

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yep, sorry to rain on your parade man but when you buy something used, you buy it as is. and when you sell things used, you embellish details about its history. its just fact. if i dropped my bike doing 80 i would say 50. i wouldnt flat out lie about stuff if asked, and if my bike had any major problems i would disclose them. but i wouldnt tell the guy every single little thing that was fixed or could be wrong with it. if you saw a painted tank and frame, and you had a feeling and you didnt stick with your feeling, dont come on here and blast people about your decision. i wanted to side with you cause i hate reading about people getting ripped off, or the dishonest people out there. i bought a quad 4 months ago. specifically asked if it leaked oil. he said no. i cam to find out the oil plug was jb welded in and painted black. so it cracked apart first oil change. so no it didnt leak then. but it does now. i was mad. but calling him up and whining was the last thing on my to do list. whats done is done.

edit. and no lie. just thought of my buddy selling his beater in grade 12. some man came to his place to get it. and i swear to god, it blew up at the end of his driveway. no lie. serious! he came back we watched him walk down. and asked if he could use our phone to call his buddy for a tow. thats the attitude you should have!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was never expecting a showroom bike.

When I asked you about the marks on the frame your response was

"I sanded into it while I was prepping the gas tank"

In ever saw your other pictures of after you crashed until after I bought your bike and I was completeley ok with the condition of the bike, but if I had known there was a dent that size in the frame that you filled with bondo

I wouldnt have bought it.

Instead of saying " I filled a dent" I got " I sanded it on accident"

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that was a lie.
The frame had a dent (size of a quarter) from a handle bar and was bondo-ed sanded and painted satin black.
He said he wasn't worried about it.
:lol: Look at you go, you never once told me there was a dent when I was looking at the bike, thats what you lied about.

So what if I bought it of CL, what you saying your "honest" on the zx10r.net but a scumbag on CL???

EDIT: Everybody, I want to be clear, I do not regret buying it, and I am still happy with. I just would have walked away from it had I known there was a dent that size.

I only posted this on the forum to his character, nothing more nothing less.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
To the OP, i would agree. If i was buying i would want the seller to disclose something flawed with the frame. Thats nothing to fart around with. Def. shady. Then again, so is sanding a tank while on the bike. LMMFAO!

·
Registered
369 Posts
umm idk man i would have walked away from the bike as soon as i seen missing fairings and painted tank ...

And kinda true when you buy a used car/motorcycle you pretty much buy it as is ...
Same shit happened to me .. Bought a car for $10,500 guy told me car has 0 problems ..i asked him million times doe's the car burn oil or gears pop out ( that car is known to do that) .. he swore it never does that and blah blah .. w.e .. week into driving it car burnt oil .. 2nd gear pops .. i mean i had no choice i was stuck but w.e i kept in touch with the seller i see him at local meets and stuff stay civil and just hope karma gets hims lol.. nttin else to do . and no point in bitching about it ..

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Just out of sheer curiosity what did you pay for it? If you don't wanna say that's cool. No worries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
423 Posts
:lol:

EDIT: Everybody, I want to be clear, I do not regret buying it, and I am still happy with it. .

I only posted this on the forum to his character, nothing more nothing less.

I removed all aftermarket parts except the slip on and he got almost every stock part with the bike..

he paid 3200 cash.

For an 05 with 10k miles on it fresh oil and new front tire no fairings and CRG levers freshly painted black tank and exhaust bf mod. with secondaries also removed but got everything in a labeled bag

Im not going to sit here and argue over the forums/internet
Obviously you saw my threads saw what you were buying

and just told the forum you are happy with what you bought.....

/ENDTHREAD

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
this is karma getting back at you for fucking over a stranger cuz you lied like a bitch. luckily the frame wasn't cracked and there's nothing really wrong with the bike. frame damage totals a bike, you know this right? that's important information. yeah, he got a good deal, you just acted like douche and got called for it. man up, say you're sorry for lying or be a bitch or just do what you're doing and brush it off pretending you didn't do anything wrong when you did.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
No offense to the buyer or the seller here guys, but both of you seem like a couple of dim lit bulbs here. Who fills a dent in the frame with bondo, and who does not notice that? I am not sure even ShervinRRR would bother bondoing his frame. And the seller must have really had blinders on man. And 3200 for that bike in no way is a "good" deal.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
this is karma getting back at you for fucking over a stranger cuz you lied like a bitch. luckily the frame wasn't cracked and there's nothing really wrong with the bike. frame damage totals a bike, you know this right? that's important information. yeah, he got a good deal, you just acted like douche and got called for it. man up, say you're sorry for lying or be a bitch or just do what you're doing and brush it off pretending you didn't do anything wrong when you did.
Yeah putting off a ding in the frame by saying you just over sanded it is pretty shitty. I would be pissed.

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
:werd::goodpost:
finally someone said what everyone was thinking

LIKE A BOSS

·
Registered
320 Posts
haha on another i found a place that you can order a new frame and they'll stamp it with your vin for about 850 bucks. its a kawi dealer

1 - 20 of 54 Posts