Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone have an old display for a 2016 10r? I just need the back of one as all the mounting lugs disintegrated on mine. I've only changed it to the race kit a couple of times and always took care to pick up the existing threads, so I've no idea why this happened.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The threads are stripped in the plastic housing? If so, just put some epoxy in there and re-tap them. Cheap and good as new!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Or buy this one for the 4th gen and just use the back plate. It appears to be the same as far as I can tell. Nobody seems to offer a 5th gen model like yours so I'd compare the pictures carefully before you buy the 4th gen version here.

AVDB 2011-2015 ZX10R speedometer housing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I've ordered one & I'll let you know if it's the same part. I'm hoping that the housing is the same, just different internals. (different part numbers 15/16).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I've ordered one & I'll let you know if it's the same part. I'm hoping that the housing is the same, just different internals. (different part numbers 15/16).
OK, so the housing arrived and the 2016 rear section is the same as the 2015 one. The fronts are different though. It is now fitted and the cable ties binned. 😊

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Nice! Glad to hear it worked out and good info for future owners with repair needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts