Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disaster strikes at the ultimate round of the Nordic Superbike Championships!

We left the last race in Norway on a bit of a high since the race there went pretty good, and we made some real progress both with the bike and my riding.

And after a really good first day of practice in the final round of the championships, expectations were building up for the qualifications on saturday for the team.

I managed to improve on my PB. at every session during friday practise, and the goal (timewise) for the weekend was met already in the second FP.
Maybe there was a chance of adding some more of these desireble points this weekend.

But as we woke up on saturday morning and was about to prepare for the first QP, we were all chocked whem we opened the garagedoor to the pitbox.

The box was empty!!!!!

During the night, there had been a break in at the track, and 3 bikes were stolen from the pitboxes during the night.
One of the bike was our ZX-10R....

The policed were called to the track, and started writing the report as we were sitting with our mouths open, just gazing towards the horizon...
We just couldn't belieave what had just happened.

So there we were... 3 racers and teams without bikes. And we could just sit and watch as the rest of the field did the first QP, and the start to pack up what was left of the racing equippment and gear and prepare for a long way back home in the bus.

Now there's a mess with policereports, insuance claims, and we are not even sure if the insurance company will take any of this.
So now there's a long and anxious wait, until we get an answer from them, or ther's any news from the police investigation....
If the bikes are not found, and we don't get any money from the insurance company, ther's a good chance that we have raced our last race ever since we will be in a financial dilemma with one bike missing, depts, and we have to raise enough money to buy a new bike and pay for a whole new season next year...

It sucks!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sorry for your loss of your ride and your race weekend.

F'ing thieves!!! No track video surveillance?

Good luck with the police and your insurance.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Man that does suck, I hope you get your bike back but that wont salvage that race or your season. Man I hate thieves. :headshake:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Macke, man that sucks so bad. I feel for you bro. I know its hard enough to even fund a race team and do a season first hand let alone have your bike stolen. All I can say is WOW, your insurance better cover that. :(

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,219 Posts
I had my last ZX-7 stolen from me. The feeling of being violated and taken advantage of like that is overwhelming and I'm sorry that anyone has to experience that. I wish you the best of luck in replacing your equipment and getting back on the track.

If you catch the pricks that stole your stuff, I hope you put a bullet in each of their knee caps!

[THIEVES] :rocketwho

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Prolly thought someone played a joke at first but then reality set in.

My heart goes out to ya Macke and the other guys that lost their pride and joy.

BD

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
That sucks!! Sorry for your loss. Good luck with insurance and hopefully they will find the bike.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
FUUUUUCK! man i am sorry, that is the worst feeling, i hope it all works out for you man

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
damn dude...when i saw the title of the thread i figured you were going to say that you wrecked or something...that really sucks...its hard to believe at a racetrack that something like that would happen..all the racetracks i have been too and participated in track days nothing ever gets stolen...that really does suck for you and i hope your insurance will cough up some dough...i woudl guess that its not a racer that stole your or the other guys bikes though...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
sorry to this...i hate thieves!!!! if anyone wants to start a forum luv thread i'm in....of course where the dollar is now that prob won't translate into much...hey macke...you got paypal...post up dude and i'll send you a little luv.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ive had a bike stolen from me and it SUCKS. To have it stolen in your situation must be 10x worse and I feel for you. Hopefully insurance comes through for you. Keep your ear to the streets and hope the low lifes start bragging so maybe you can catch up with the bastards.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts