Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these bikes have issues with the injectors cloggin up? The PO didn';t ride the bike much and I think it sat without stabl in the tank. Anyway, he had it tuned with everything as it is and it seems lean. Any ideas how to cure it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I had talked to the tuner and he thought he might have changed the exhaust so I was tryin to figure that out. I did drain the tank and put some fresh gas in the clean it out but I am about to move accross the country so can do a ton. Should I use seafoam or one of the normal fuel injector cleaners like you put in a car? Thought about some marvials mystery oil, but as this is my first fuel injected bike I don't want to break something

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
throttle is not smooth was extremely choppy, obviously this is only a butt dyno but thats how it feels. Felt it when I took it for a test ride before I bought it, the PO rode it and said the same thing. Talked to tuner he thought the PO had changed gone from a slip-on to a full exhaust which would cause it to go lean. Ran some seafoam through it and a full tank of fresh gas and its much better, not perfect but night and day smoother.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
throttle is not smooth was extremely choppy, obviously this is only a butt dyno but thats how it feels. Felt it when I took it for a test ride before I bought it, the PO rode it and said the same thing. Talked to tuner he thought the PO had changed gone from a slip-on to a full exhaust which would cause it to go lean. Ran some seafoam through it and a full tank of fresh gas and its much better, not perfect but night and day smoother.
May have a fuel pump issue run a fuel pressure test.

Bloo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts