Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose to have gone home last night after work and pulled the rear wheel of the 10R so I can get the tire replaced but we had a major league thundersorm blow through. Got home from church and found the lights out, ours and about 300,000 other folks.

Glad our range is gas. We ended up cooking dinner and eating by oil lamp and candlelight while watching one heck of a lightening show. Kind of cool for one night but I think it would grow old fast. Thought about those folks after Katrina.

Wuff

·
Registered
937 Posts
katrina was much longer than 1 night.... several wks w/out AC or cold beer in the south is a killer!

but I feel ya!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yep, we spent four days without electric a couple years ago after one of the many hurricanes blew threw. It was cool for the first night. Then it started sucking extremely bad. I couldn't imagine losing everything like those folks after Katrina...

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Yeah, by the time the storm got down here it was pretty much blown out. Lightning and a few drops of rain is all we got.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like your in the Dallas area
Yep, I work in Dallas but actually live down near Waxahachie. We missed the worst of it last night except for the rain but here at home we were hit again today with heavy rains. Everything is totally saturated.

Wuff

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Glad the night was good for U... but be careful with those oil lamp, one of my good friends (member here) lost a loved one behind those lamps.

·
Registered
239 Posts
fl sucked i was without power for a week for charlie. I was in a huge line for gas got the last of it in one small propane tank that lasted 4 nights. The other 3 i ate vienna sausage and drank nati ice because for some reason when danger strikes all the good beer is gone. Next one that comes im running to georgia like all the old people. I cant go 7 days without power again. The worst part is the town mayor had power within 2 hours in the burbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts