Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a digi gear (acumen) form a board member and I have no instructions. It's the pnp version but there isn't much length of wire and I have no idea where it splices in at?? at the cluster?? I would assume it has to be close to there but I don't want to just tearing stuff apart for no reason.
TIA

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ground Zero said:
Its at the cluster. Just pull your windscreen off to get at it. I mounted mine on the right side of the cluster.
:+1:

and you won't have to worry about the plugs, because they only fit the proper device so you can't mess up. Also, instructions can be downloaded at

actionstation.com
or
riderstation.com

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I was already out there doing it thanks guys..now I just need to mount it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
busaforhire said:
yea I was already out there doing it thanks guys..now I just need to mount it.
and also program it. Stick to the high RPM range through each gear and that should help the accuracy(it works by voltage setttings and you don't want to be close to the same of another gear it could confuse the unit). I found that out when I had to start over when I installed the speedhealer but tried to be more careful and accurate within the range the last time. Now, it's perfect so....Good Luck with that. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
saki10man said:
u will love it, works great. I just programmed mined today with some help from bluedevil............

thanks, saki man, you never PMd me after programing, but now I know it worked out for you, and yes you will love that as one of your best mods. and won't live without it for the 10 from this point on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I programmed it while I was at work and was so excited it worked I forgot all about PM-ing you. But I hit u up as soon as i got online tonite!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
deputydog95 said:
how hard is the install and programming? is it a pain in the ass?

no it's actually pretty easy I just wasn't sure where the connector was to plug it in.. It's a truly a plug and play item though took three or four minutes to install once I got the fairing off (top of nosepiece)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
deputydog95 said:
i'm not following you on the fairing removal. what piece did you have to remove?

four nuts from the front fairing to take off mirrors and two phillips head screws. (one on each side of the cluster) you pull off the front nose section and your at the back side of the cluster, You unplug the cluster plug and plug it into the gear harness then you plug in the gear harness to the cluster.
there is another little pigtail coming off the harness that plugs into the wires coming off the gear display.....
I just went out and took pics if you want I can post them..

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I could answer that question but mine was used and it appears to be programmed already.. I have the bike half apart right now but I'll be able to tell you how good it works in a day or so.. I'm waiting on my pc3 to show up to reinstall everything and ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts