Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone explain the technical or power produceing diffrences in a 4 into 2 into 1 an a 4 into 1 exaust? shopping for a full system an notice this diffrence in manufactures. not a decideing factor just wandering why ? ref 2008

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks. i had seen ur pics of that somewhere else on here. i have searched but never found a answer as to if i can gut my cats on 08 an would it be of any good w/ a link pipe an slip on.you seem to be very educated in 3rd gens from other stuff ive read so whats your opionion? just kinda mulling over exhaust options. yea i know i just opened the proverbial (exaust)can of worms here.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
header design.

magic is right. depending on ur bikes usage, header design should definately be considered. 4-2-1 generally, almost always, produces wider powerband, better suited to street. midrange is a strong street bike consideration. broader torque curve also. 4-1 tuned and developed for top end, common to dragracing with a narrow, but strong, higher rpm surge. primary tube length and id are main tuning factors with either. both are purpose built, whats yours?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mainly street bike. i do 1 or 2 trackdays a yr an usualy go to a school once a year. i ride here in wnc mnts. to old to stunt an never had any desire to drag race. (ok maybe all the way to turn 1) thanks for your help. believe i will be ordering a acropovic full system tommorow am.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Has anyone actually dyno tested with and without the catalytic converters on an otherwise identical exhaust configuration (same muffler, same headers otherwise)?

On another bike that I've been tinkering with, the catalytic converter on the stock header pipe doesn't make an appreciable difference in top end power, but the engine runs smoother through the midrange with the catalytic converter there. I believe the catalytic converter is helping to dampen a phenomenon called "reversion" in which the very same pressure pulses that are helping with top-end power, are acting against the engine at a lower RPM range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts