Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i am in neutral ( at a dead stop) sometimes my ten will not go into first and i have to pump the clutch lever an extra time or two for it to engage into first. bike never slips out of gear even under hard acceleration nor does it miss any shifts. just installed new clutch and that help but did not eliminate the problem. any ideas? thanks paul

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Sounds like you need to adjust your clutch cable. Check the service manual for the proper way to do this.

Tread

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
if that doesnt work change oil

·
Registered
495 Posts
How bad is it? I know all bikes will do that at times when you stop and you have to just move forward a couple of inches or back a few and that solves it. Will it not go into 1st even after you do that?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it doesn't do it to often maybe a couple times at most a ride. usually i pump the clutch lever a time or 2 and it always engages after that. it just used to never do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i was going to try that but have only 800 miles on oil but that is with brand new clutch plates. so i'm hoping the oil change will help b/c i'm sure there has to be some break in period for the clutch. thanks bro. for suggestion.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
on my 05 i had a clutch pin go out on me. very rare occurance apparently, but it was some pin inside the clutch cover slowly wore down to nothing, and this happened with only 2000 miles on my bike. the first warning sign that something was wrong was exactly what you are experiencing. not to freak you out, but if adjusting the cable doesnt work, i'd have the dealer look at it.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Seems strange that by pumping the clutch would do anything considering it is cable actuated , I presume you soaked the new plates in oil before installation?

Try using a throttle blip before engaging the clutch then drop it into first

1 - 9 of 9 Posts