Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a Bruce-fab exhaust, I have seen it before but I just saw one on a 08 zx10r in person and coming from a person at one time bought the M4 slip on I wish I new about this brand of exhaust before!!! It is hand crafted and looks a 100 times better on the welds compared to my m4, and the sound is just way more of the growling sound compared to the m4 striaght pipe sound. Truthfully its cheaper and looks better (my opinion) and performance wise I can say it out performs the m4 slip-on in every part of the rpm range.

CHECK IT OUT, and give me some feed back on the find!!!

http://www.bruce-fab.com/images/8-9ZX10-3.JPG

:thumbsup:

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just figure I'd throw something new out there, I have a m4 and my friend and I compared the two in sound and even raced. I put my old map and pipe on and his def. pulled away from me in the lower rpm's and are bikes are basically the same. We switch bikes and same thing again. I just felt like performance wise it was a better choice. Now look I thought it looked cool cause it kinda kept the hold space cover where your shield came off with the m4. Either way my level one will out perform both just because of the lack of back pressure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like it! If I couldve found a good low mount in CF I wouldve bought that instead of my akropovic! I LOVE low mount pipes like that! Id kinda like to see a rear shot of it. Any chance you can snap one next time you see your friend? How was the sound on it? I almost want to buy one just to see if I like it???

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sound was deep and very low but with a growling sound, not a striaght pipe sound at all like most gp styled exhausts. My m4 sounds like I have a striaght pipe to me. But yeah I'm riding this coming week or this weekend with my buddy that has it on his bike so I'll take some pictures with my phone and post them. It looks really cool though from the back. To be honest in the nexted couple months I know he will be selling it cause he is saving up for a full system right now if I remember right

·
T Double D
870 Posts
id do it if i was in the market for a slip on

·
Registered
165 Posts
I still think the FMF Apex is the best looking slip-on- especially since it includes a replacement mid pipe. Can be bought off e-bay for under $450.00 delivered too.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I like it any youtube on it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
No need for a mid pipe with this exhaust? From the looks of it it IS the mid pipe! It looks like it mounts up in the same place as my akrapovic link pipe?

It lists for $329.99 on their site.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
nice pipe...looks well made

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
I think if the header was covered up it would look awesome but i dont like open header/pipe on the gen3 like that. Looks great though, i wish the FMF apex mounted like that i woulda got it. But low mount, R6 type pipes are def. sexy. Its got my vote, and power gains is just a plus after looks.

:+1: more pics/Vid :+1:

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, opinions, not bad feed back. Heck my brother in japan has a zx10r and he said he has the sickest exhaust and its not available in the states, I ll have to grap some pics of his bike cause I bet it has some stuff we havent seen or are market here in the states. They have a lot more little accessories for jap bikes in japan haha

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
yeah, opinions, not bad feed back. Heck my brother in japan has a zx10r and he said he has the sickest exhaust and its not available in the states, I ll have to grap some pics of his bike cause I bet it has some stuff we havent seen or are market here in the states. They have a lot more little accessories for jap bikes in japan haha
did you ever grab thos pics or info on the stuff your brodie has??

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I haven't talked to my brother in a while due to the fact he got deployed to the sandbox a couple months back etc. His bike is in storage and I'm sure he can throw me some pictures down the road. Just very hard to get a hold of him you know...But yeah this exhaust is bad ass looking and looked good in person when I saw it at the stealership on another zx10r but now after running a two bros,m4,level one(which the wife killed LOL) and now this apex...I'm glad I got away from the down low gp pipes cause they suck with throttle response down low in the rpm's on top of being over the top loud!! Oh this is the best the longer pipes that have mid pipes etc gained a lot more hp and torque vs the gp/sexy cans everyone loves Ha ha...I go with power any day so a muzzy gp,brocks sidewinder,akra,arrow,leo,level one, apex they all are number on in my books...I know I missed a couple like beet and some more but give me a break

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
ive felt the throttle response lack or loss from the m4....does that mean by going to a LOR or something it will feel like stock again?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
ive felt the throttle response lack or loss from the m4....does that mean by going to a LOR or something it will feel like stock again? or better than stock?

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
It will feel much smoother and not so laggly if thats a word...The m4 made me feel like I had a 15 tooth up front with a flat spot down low in the rpm's but screamed up top...With these 08/09 you will gain the most hp and torque out of a pipe that is a side mount with a mid-pipe vs the gp styled pipe any day...Its been dyno tested and street approved by a lot of guys!!!

Truth a stock zx10r with the stock pipe will beat someone running a m4 with nothing but it slapped on there any day...Been tested and the m4 lost everytime...Now after a pc and custom map its a different story...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts