Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any any experience with both the 2017 and 2019 wiring harnesses, specifically the differences. I brought a second hand 2019 version for my 2017 thinking 100% the same but now i've noticed some subtle differences.

There is an additional connector/fuse box that I'm not sure what its for? Any ideas and needed for racing?

Also, there looks to be an extra nubbin on the positive battery lead? Same again....Any ideas and needed for racing?

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
... There is an additional connector/fuse box that I'm not sure what its for? Any ideas and needed for racing?

Also, there looks to be an extra nubbin on the positive battery lead? Same again....Any ideas and needed for racing?
You refer to the overview illustration in the spare parts catalog.
This illustration is not suitable for finding differences. You need the circuit diagram to find out.
What you are explicitly pointing to here, are the connections for the ABS.
The large connector looks like to be plugged into the ABS control unit. The other one on the battery is the power supply for the ABS.

Which part numbers exactly did you compare?

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You refer to the overview illustration in the spare parts catalog.
This illustration is not suitable for finding differences. You need the circuit diagram to find out.
What you are explicitly pointing to here, are the connections for the ABS.
The large connector looks like to be plugged into the ABS control unit. The other one on the battery is the power supply for the ABS.

Which part numbers exactly did you compare?
2017 Version
26031-2116

2019 Version
26031-2545

I have the non ABS model so not seeing it on the diagram. That makes perfect sense.

I'm running through the wiring diagram now to identify each of the connector. The problem I'm having its a new bike (last was 2009 ZX-6R) and I brought it as a salvage to build from the ground up. Everything from the frame/swingarm upwards was scrap I wasn't able to use these parts for reference....bit of a learning curve to say the least.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2017 Version
26031-2116

2019 Version
26031-2545

I have the non ABS model so not seeing it on the diagram. That makes perfect sense.

I'm running through the wiring diagram now to identify each of the connector. The problem I'm having its a new bike (last was 2009 ZX-6R) and I brought it as a salvage to build from the ground up. Everything from the frame/swingarm upwards was scrap I wasn't able to use these parts for reference....bit of a learning curve to say the least.
Yes,
26031-2116 is used in 2017 non ABS model
26031-2545 is used in 2019/2020 ABS model

I think you can leave the ABS wiring in, as long as the ECU does not complain ;)
After you checking wire by wire, I'm interested in other differences. So please let me know, if there are.

Nice project by the way, will certainly not be boring. Have fun with the rebuild.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts