Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, what is the difference in speedo going down -1 front??
If Im doing say 60 with 17 tooth and I go to 16 tooth on front and speedo reads 60....how fast am i going? Is 16 tooth going to read faster or slower?
BTW, going to 16 tooth in morning.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Factoring in the factory speedo error and -1 in the front
your speedo will be close to 10% off. Speedo will be
reading higher than actual speed.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm having that same problem now. I am -1 and +2 so my speedo is about 20 to 30% off. If am going 45mph, my speedo reads 55 to 60 mph. Really sucks too!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Getcha a Speed-o-healer, boys !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I know I know! I haven't had time to get one! What's the price on one?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey Cardeea,
It's been a couple of years, but I think it was around a buck and a quarter.....
ask the site sponsors for a price quote ??
And my son installed it for me, so I can't help ya there ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
I know I know! I haven't had time to get one! What's the price on one?
I think they're somewhere between $110 and 120. I have the same gearing as you and need one also. If you go to www.gearingcommander.com you can check to see what speed you're going by rpm in each gear, then memorize the important speeds. That's what I do to get me by until I get the speedohealer on.

·
Registered
477 Posts
used a sat-nav on my 2nd gen with -1 up front,fed the speed differance into healtechs converter web page,and it said 12.8% out..it's now spot on upto about 100 mph then its slightly out over that,but at those speeds your guna be [email protected]*ked any how!!(most of are riding is under 100mph anyway so odometer and speedo is sorted!!!)hope this help's.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good info, thanks.

So, if you are down -1f, if you are moving at a rate of 60 miles an hour....speedo will read around 66 miles an hour. Speedo will show 10% higher than actual.
This might be a good thing.....cruise 5-8 mph slower than actual.

Speedohealer is in order, soon enuf.

·
Registered
641 Posts
On my '08, with -1 front I ran -14% correction. With the addition of the +2 rear sprocket, I'm now running -20%.

·
Registered
609 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts