Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know why the price difference between a Leo vince and Akropovic cat delete pipe?

Wondering if there is something with the brackets that makes the leo $229.00 vs Akro's 173.99 or is there something else spec wise that I am missing?

Got a LV exhaust on the way, so was wanting the LV cat delete later, but for the price, I may just do the Akro.....

EDIT:
Found a close up diagram of the LV cat eliminator

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Also with the Leo slip on pipe the exhaust clamp does not fit good at all when it come to lining up with the stock rear hanger bracket, there is like a 1/4" or more gap around the pipe. I think the problem with that is the can has a taper to it and when using the stock foot peg for mounting it does not allow the muffler clan to slide up the taper of the can to have a good fit, if you were able to get the carbon fiber hanger from Leo I'm sure it will have a better fit because it allows it to slide further up the can.
A friend of mine has the Leo pipe and that's what I have seen on his bike, I love the pipe I'm not a fan of the fit with the stock hanger or the carbon fiber heat shield and with it the mid pipe SS it just does not match well with the stock headers jut my two cents.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info, yeah, the pipe color won't match with the headers, but it'll have to do at some point. I will be ordering the LV cat eliminator at some point. LV GP Pro exhaust may be here today, so I will see how the sound is after it's broken in.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
My akro link pipe hooked up perfectly and has a bung.
+ it's light as a feather
:+1: dont know if it is lighter than the leo. but i think it might be. The bung is to small for the Autotune on the aka though. You will have to get a new one welded on that comes with the auto tune if you go that route

·
Registered
216 Posts
:+1: dont know if it is lighter than the leo. but i think it might be. The bung is to small for the Autotune on the aka though. You will have to get a new one welded on that comes with the auto tune if you go that route

Not a problem as I went with the Dynotronics ECU flash. Seems great so far. Need 300 more miles (800 mi. now) or so and i will have it Dyno'd to see what the real deal is.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Not a problem as I went with the Dynotronics ECU flash. Seems great so far. Need 300 more miles (800 mi. now) or so and i will have it Dyno'd to see what the real deal is.
Nice. Post dyno graph, video and mods :badteeth:

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
The Leo has a little muffler on it. It bolted on perfectly here, with the stock can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts