Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the difference(s) between Galfer "Superbike" lines and the regular "Sportbike" lines? I'm interested in maybe gettin' a set of lines for Diablo and need to know before I buy anything... I know I'm gettin' some gift certificates from Cycle Gear from family members for Christmas. Thought I might use 'em for a set of the black lines with gold hardware. I think I've seen pics of lines like that somewhere and I think they were Galfers...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Superbike lines have different fittings that thread directly into the calipers. No banjo bolts needed. Cleaner look with less pieces gives less flex in the line which gives more feel at the lever

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Also the Superbike ones have Gold fittings standard...you have to pay $10.00 extra for the Sportbike Gold fittings...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
i went with the sportbike set once i heard that the supers are tourqued to like 6 lbs and have come loose on someone on this site (von??) anyhow the sports tourque to like 14lbs and its not a problem. good luck...

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... Sounds like Sportbike lines would be fine for my use. I'm sure they're prolly a bit cheaper than the Superbike lines, too... I think Cycle Gear had 'em for around $85 for the 10. I figure the Superbike lines would have to be upward of $100 at least...

Thanks again for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts