Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the Arrow Race-Tech Exhaust states it's only 98 dB at 7K RPM - which is perfect for here in Cali. I can get the increased HP while staying in compliance with their increasingly strict noise laws (and I don't have to worry about annoying my neighbors - I live in an apartment complex and I leave at 520 AM).

The price difference doesn't seem all that bad. I know with the Arrow Competition Exhaust they claim you need to get it remapped (I was going to do that anyways).

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I see that the Arrow Race-Tech Exhaust states it's only 98 dB at 7K RPM - which is perfect for here in Cali. I can get the increased HP while staying in compliance with their increasingly strict noise laws (and I don't have to worry about annoying my neighbors - I live in an apartment complex and I leave at 520 AM).

The price difference doesn't seem all that bad. I know with the Arrow Competition Exhaust they claim you need to get it remapped (I was going to do that anyways).
Power & Noise if you want the extra extra power the Competition (racing) system gives you, then you get the extra extra Noise with it, and personally yes get the Race Tech system remapped it'll still make a night and day difference to your bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power & Noise if you want the extra extra power the Competition (racing) system gives you, then you get the extra extra Noise with it, and personally yes get the Race Tech system remapped it'll still make a night and day difference to your bike.
So I assume the other than is like 110 dB like a lot of the others? The ones that claimed (not doubting it) large increases in HP were 105 dB+ around idle. The Arrow claims a decent gain and it's close to stock - win/win! (not that I wouldn't mind a bit more HP that I'm not skilled enough to notice/use affectively, but it's sure fun to gun it every now and then).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts