Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have noticed back in the day when i worked fast food somebody would come threw and order a triple whopper meal large with a freaking diet coke :dontknow: what the hell and till this day when im out eating i see people eat 10 danm plates of food and drink a diet soda like the diet soda is going to cancel out there 10 plates or as if there going to have less calories ok my rant is over it just bugs the shit out of me :lol: im just bored and see if anybody else notice that crap too

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,565 Posts
:lol: I've heard this complaint before. For me, it's more about the taste of diet soda than the "health benefits". Diet soda is an acquired taste and once you get used to it, you can't really drink the regular crap anymore. At least I think it's too sweet.

So bring on the triple quarter pound with cheese with a large diet Coke and don't give me any shit about it! :spit:

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
:lol: I've heard this complaint before. For me, it's more about the taste of diet soda than the "health benefits". Diet soda is an acquired taste and once you get used to it, you can't really drink the regular crap anymore. At least I think it's too sweet.

So bring on the triple quarter pound with cheese with a large diet Coke and don't give me any shit about it! :spit:

....dont forget the super size fry!:lol::thumbsup:

:+1: I agree....I dont eat alot of quaterpounders usually salads or chicken wraps, but I always order diet coke/pepsi cause I think regular pop is too sweet prefer diet for the taste

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
ok so i have noticed back in the day when i worked fast food somebody would come threw and order a triple whopper meal large with a freaking diet coke :dontknow: what the hell and till this day when im out eating i see people eat 10 danm plates of food and drink a diet soda like the diet soda is going to cancel out there 10 plates or as if there going to have less calories ok my rant is over it just bugs the shit out of me :lol: im just bored and see if anybody else notice that crap too
Not to debunk your rant, because it is kinda funny, but if you skip the large soda, you are actually cutting 310-550 calories from your meal, not counting refills (some larges are 32 up to 42 oz). That is nearly "cancelling out" the 600ish calories of a large fry. So there kinda is a method to the madness i suppose. And some just prefer the taste. I personally think nothing tastes better than a "red can" coke though, calories and all. And make my cheeseburger a double, add bacon and jalepenos with fries, lots of salt. It don't happen often, but when i do it i do it right.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol im talking about people that would come threw the drive thru and you think how and the hell did that fit in that car with all that food and a diet soda lol or people you see at a buffet walking to the table with 2 plates or more in there hands and sit down and can barely breath the only thing they can say is aaaahhhhhhhuuuuu aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhuuuuuuuu give me a diet coke lol

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
lol im talking about people that would come threw the drive thru and you think how and the hell did that fit in that car with all that food and a diet soda lol or people you see at a buffet walking to the table with 2 plates or more in there hands and sit down and can barely breath the only thing they can say is aaaahhhhhhhuuuuu aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhuuuuuuuu give me a diet coke lol

I dont know....maybe they like the taste:dontknow:

·
Registered
250 Posts
:+1:

I can't stand diet so give me a #1 w/ a large coke or sweet tea. :lol:
I haven't seen vitamin water, but I have seen Powerade. As far as the diet soda thing goes, it's not gonna cancel anything out but it will make the calorie intake a lot less than if they had a large regular soda. I've been drinking diet for a while and actually prefer it to regular, but that's just my preference. So bring on the double double animal style with jalapeños and a large chocolate shake.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Another reason is the sugar. Fries are sugar free, and the beef, bread and "Veggies" Are also very low in sugar. So they just choose fat over sugar lol. A large Diet coke vs. regular has a 1100-150g sugar difference. being a 12oz can have anywhere from 35-60 grams of sugar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts