Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I posted a thread several days ago about a 520 conversion and have gotten many great replies. This has led me to post this thread.

What kind of chain are you running, if other than stock: DID, RK Gold, or other? Is there an overall preference and if so, why?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Ok, I posted a thread several days ago about a 520 conversion and have gotten many great replies. This has led me to post this thread.

What kind of chain are you running, if other than stock: DID, RK Gold, or other? Is there an overall preference and if so, why?
Based upon yrs of experience and use of DID is why i'd recommend them over RK(which i also used once) The DID 520erv2 is a chain i used for 520 conversions on a 93 888SPO, 95 916, 98 supachicken, 95 F3 race bike, 929rr, and lastly an 02 R1, it has since been replaced by the DID 520erv3.
The tensile strength and wear resistance/index are the two important factors when considering a chain. EK is yet another quality chain based upon these 2 factors and feedback from other riders i'd recommend however i never used it personally.

BD

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based upon yrs of experience and use of DID is why i'd recommend them over RK(which i also used once) The DID 520erv2 is a chain i used for 520 conversions on a 93 888SPO, 95 916, 98 supachicken, 95 F3 race bike, 929rr, and lastly an 02 R1, it has since been replaced by the DID 520erv3.
The tensile strength and wear resistance/index are the two important factors when considering a chain. EK is yet another quality chain based upon these 2 factors and feedback from other riders i'd recommend however i never used it personally.

BD
Thanks for your input. I haven't read anything on the DID chain, but I have read that the RK is lighter and stronger than the stock chain, and that it is also pre-stretched. Again, strength and wear resistance wise, I don't know how is stacks up with the DID.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I use "Izumi" Race chains on all of my race bikes as do the WSBK & British Superbikes that put out well over 200 horsepower at the back tire. Alot of people do not know about this brand of chain becuase it is rarely distributed and is entirely made in Japan !!! Best chain in my experience with them and i have tried DID, RK, EK, and a couple of others but since then i have been exclusively running "Izumi" chains !!! Both on my 2000 Yamaha R1 in 520SDC and on my 2006 ZX-10R !!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
my DID chain is at 10k Miles and I am probably replacing it even though I don't have to. It still has another 10k miles in it if I wanted to.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Both my bikes ran EK MVXZ but for a 1000 it might be different since it is different HP.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I use "Izumi" Race chains on all of my race bikes as do the WSBK & British Superbikes that put out well over 200 horsepower at the back tire. Alot of people do not know about this brand of chain becuase it is rarely distributed and is entirely made in Japan !!! Best chain in my experience with them and i have tried DID, RK, EK, and a couple of others but since then i have been exclusively running "Izumi" chains !!! Both on my 2000 Yamaha R1 in 520SDC and on my 2006 ZX-10R !!!
yup them some fancy chains f'sho!! make them for bicycles too.

BD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts