Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
have never had problems with either. RK come stock, but when i switched to my 520 i went with a did erv3 and never had a problem with it. All the guys arounf my city use erv3's as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i bought a DID x-ring last season for my 9R. Wheelied the crap out of that bike. I adjusted it once after breaking it in. Never had to again after that.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just installed RK GB520GXW. Love this chain, also stretched once, havent adjusted since and have done some hard riding since installing. Was TOLD by dealer and fellow 10 rider than since my bike was stretched, it should be this chain or the EK ZZZ, top 2 chains according to him. Hope this helps

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
have had a DID ERV3 520 on my bike for a bit over 2 years. with top speed runs and 220-230hp nitrous runs shes lasted very well! I'm going to wind up buying a new one here sometime soon, has some minor kinks in it here and there.

prob has 24k miles on the chain and its still decent....

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
EK

lol

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I compared a 525 EK to a 525 DID, I actually preferred the EK...not hating at all just saying.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Im going to go with a did zvm2.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
which EK and DID? each offer multiple chains in each size.
My chain is an: EK MVXZ 525

My friends chain was a DID 525 something or other, both purchased in 120 link lengths. LOL sorry I know that doesn't help. I just preferred my chain because of the design, it weighed less and was thinner, but tensile strength was still good (9300 lbs.). Admittedly wear rating was a bit lower. I will have to ask what chain he had on his gixxer.

Like I said I am not hating on the DID. I think DID, EK, and RK all make a great chain. I paid like 106 shipped for mine while he payed closer to 160 (locally?). I didn't see a 54 dollar difference between the chains. I don't want to make a liar out of myself, this was a while ago I will ask him the next time I talk to him.

Is there some negative thing about EK chains I am not aware of?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
EK, D.i.D, RK, I have used them all, they are all good, don't know if I can say one is better than the other.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Have used both RK and D.I.D. Currently using D.I.D. Both are great chains.I will say that the gold colour plating on the D.I.D is a much better match to the gold colour used on the brake calipers and front shocks on my 05 10R. Just an observation. :smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts